Credits counting twice?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Credits counting twice?

Post by Jeffers »

I recently changed my signature to use the Boinc team one. However, there seems to be an issue with my credits. I have attached to the GPUgrid project and have accumulated credit there. When I look at their site it lists me twice, as being on PS3grid & GPUgrid, with identical credits on each. I am only running GPUgrid so where are the PS3grid figures coming from? My old Mundaywed sig only had one entry for them but the new sig from the BOINC site lists PS3/GPU with the figures apearing twice. So my total is showing as too many with them being added on twice.
Any ideas? I thought about detaching from GPU and then re-attaching. Can I do that without losing the credits I have so far and, would do you think it will fix this issue?

(see sig below, to see what I mean)
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I see what you mean Jeffers! Yes, you can detach and reattach to a project without losing credit, I do it quite often! Having said that, I'm talking about BOINC/CPU projects, not GPU projects. So I'd wait until you get confirmation from someone who knows more about GPU projects than I do! :D

Where are you, Ben? :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Its because PS3Grid opened a duplicate site called GPUGrid.
Detaching and re-attaching won't help anything.
If you choose to use the Boinc sig its something you'll have to live with until they sort it
Ben

Post by Ben »

melter65 wrote:I see what you mean Jeffers! Yes, you can detach and reattach to a project without losing credit, I do it quite often! Having said that, I'm talking about BOINC/CPU projects, not GPU projects. So I'd wait until you get confirmation from someone who knows more about GPU projects than I do! :D

Where are you, Ben? :lol:

It works just the same  :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Ben wrote:It works just the same  :wink:
I stand corrected, nice one :thumbup:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Temujin wrote:
Ben wrote:It works just the same  :wink:
I stand corrected, nice one :thumbup:
Ah i don't mean that if you attach to GPUGrid instead of PS3Grid that it will go away, but i mean you won't lose credit if you detach from a project such as PS3Grid, you will still have the same amount of credit :)

Otherwise i would have lost alot of credit  :oops:
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Thanks all, I've switched back to the Mundayweb sig for the moment, as that seems to still report things correctly.