Wing Men

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
Melanie

Wing Men

Post by Melanie »

Hi all,
I have quite a few pending results and when I look on the main seti message boards, there are folk there chatting away about wing men and how many other perople are also crunching the same WU. Can you tell me how I can find out this information ..... I am feeling sadly un top gun as I can't see a wing man ( or woman ) for miles .... sobs.
What id really be able to see is why some results are pending and what the timeline might be.

Many thanks
Mel
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Hi Melanie.
Go on "your account" and then "pending credit".
This will show all your pending credit.
There are 2 columns highlighted in light blue. one is the the actual WU you have done, the other gives details of time take and credits claimed, and shows your own and your wingmen`s details.
Just click in the blue tabs to see this.
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

many thanks for fast reply,
I went to account and pending , I had found that before, but all I can see is headings for: result id, workunit id, host id , none of which seem to tell me about wing men for related results. I must be missing something
UBT - Rick Horn

Can you see any sections marked in light blue? If so, move the cursor over it, and click. If you can`t, I`ll have to go back to the drawing board!.
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

lol your drawing board is safe, the penny has just dropped. When you get to the pending screen and click on the work units, it shows you your unit and then underneath the next person who is doing it and you can click on their computer details to get the other info .
:oops:

well I got there are last with your help, thank you I look around and see I am now in a flock not a lonly seagull at all !

Twirls

Mind you it is a bit depressing to see some units might not be finished by the wing folk for annother month !!

Many thanks for your help
Cheers
Mel
UBT - Rick Horn

There are many projects which have a quorum of 1, which means no wingman and instant credit, if you`re the impatient type like me  :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've been waiting a few days for an Astropulse result to bear credits, so I went to take a look. Seems my wingman has bailed out and the wu has been sent to someone else instead and I may have to wait until late Febuary for my credits (787.22 claimed!) :(
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

When i feel like a month or two on seti or abc i always set my buffer to 10 days. Once you've been on the projects for a few weeks you'll start to get a nice steady flow of credits..

Or even better ...... Do a team crunch and download 5 days of another project ..eg ABC ......Suspend them (ABC WU's) and once the crunch is over start em back up ........  :lol:
Ben

Post by Ben »

Seti Beta is currently a quantum of #1  :wink: