Missed my target by one day

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
simplespud

Missed my target by one day

Post by simplespud »

Hi all,

Hope everyone enjoyed Christmas Day.
I didn't have a drop to drink - but eating and relaxing more than made up for it - which included staying up until 'silly' O Clock watching re-runs of Only fools episodes - drinking starts tonight!

Anyway, when I joined the team, I thought I would set myself a target of getting 10,000 credits before Christmas Day. Once I passed that mark, I thought getting in the top 1,000 of UKBT by Chrimbo would be a challenge - one that I am sad to report I failed, by one day....I'm there now, but only just!

On a simlar note, I attached to Milky Way and Sudoku. Milky Way High Priority WU's followed and a Sudoku WU, which has a deadline of 10/21/2009 - good job really, as I don't think anything else will get a sniff of computer time if Milky Way carries on the same way it started.

Anyone any ideas why Milky Way does this? I tried it a couple of months ago but had to detach as other projects needed finishing before their own deadline expired.

Well, what ever you have planned, hope you all have a great day.

Si
UBT - Rick Horn

Re: Missed my target by one day

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

simplespud wrote:

Anyone any ideas why Milky Way does this? I tried it a couple of months ago but had to detach as other projects needed finishing before their own deadline expired.

I had that problem until I updated to the latest BOINC Manager, (6.4.5).
Now MW just runs normally.
simplespud

Post by simplespud »

Thanks for that Rick.

Just checked and I'm up to date, with the latest stable version -
I'm on a mac using 6.2.18.
6.5 is in testing at the moment for both Mac and PC. Seems their skipping the 6.4.5 version for Mac.