Internet Explorer Security flaw

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Internet Explorer Security flaw

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just in case anyone missed this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7784908.stm

Was listening to 5live this afternoon and they interviewed a Microsoft guy...

Presenter "When will it be fixed?"
IE Guy   "Not sure - we've got people working 24 hours to get it fixed."
Presenter  "Will it be hours? Days?
IE guy   "We advise IE users to set security settings to high, make sure Anti-virus and Anti-malware is up to date, update with Windows update, don't go to suspicious sites."
Presenter "Some security people are recommending not to use Internet Explorer for the foreseeable future - what do you say to that?
IE Guy  "I've had a report in the last 2 days that another (Firefox?) browser has the biggest security hole ever found."
Presenter " thank you"

There was a bit more but I was trying to avoid pheasants at the same time (There's a lot of country lanes where I drive and they all seem to have death wishes. They're just about the stupidest birds I've ever come across!) so I wasn't exactly concentrating on the radio! But still, not exactly the best interviewee I've heard!

I also heard earlier on that this flaw has been available since IE5!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Ben

Post by Ben »

Unfortunately he didn't have a lot of info to back up his claims as to why IE can be trusted. I'd pick any other browser over IE any day, be it firefox, opera, or google chrome!
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Google Chrome is now officially the fastest browser around, according to....................................................................................Google! :roll:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

I have used FF for the last few years due to IE being pooop since i first used dos 6.1.
:lol: The good old days when you used to alter your bios just to run a game in 486 mode .................lol Just 1 more K and i can run championship manager 1993 :lol:
Wow look at my super PC with a 486 Overdrive chip runing & 76 meg an 4 meg ram  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: