Virtual Prairie - INACTIVE

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - The Prof....

Virtual Prairie - INACTIVE

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Not sure if this is the place to put this link, or if its been posted else where before, but this project is available through Bam if anyone is interested. Link is http://vcsc.cs.uh.edu/virtual-prairie/
Seems to be plenty of wu's, though as they are short not a lot of credit. No progress shown, either waiting, running or complete, but had no probs. with the ones I've tried.

Having done a little checking, we do have a team for this project, but only 8 peeps running it atm.  :( If any one has a spare chip, try giving it a whirl, you never know, you might just like it  :!:

Anyone object if I become cheerleader for this, I seem to be doing it already anyway :!:  :?:  If no one objects, I'll ask he who shall be obeyed if its OK.
UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Have just put this on one core and everything seems to be running ok so far.

First WU completed in under 5 minutes and appears to have uploaded ok.

Will see how it goes.
Anyone object if I become cheerleader for this
S'pose that depends how you look in a short skirt and pom poms  :D

EDIT: After an ethusiastic start it all appears to have gone a little bit pear-shaped now as I am unable to download any more WU's  :cry:

I have posted about it on the Virtual Prairie message boards and will wait to see what happens
UBT - The Prof....

Not sure if anyone is interested, but this is up and running again atm... :shock:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Well spotted, Prof! I'd just seen this on another forum and rushed over to post it here :D
UBT - The Prof....

If anyone is interested, wu's are available for this project atm  :D
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

jorjastandish wrote:Is this still available now?
No work available at the moment.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

jorjastandish added spam links to post, sneaky edit! Deleted by my spam splatterer!  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Nothing seems to be happening on this project now.

http://vcsc.cs.uh.edu/virtual-prairie/server_status.php

regards

Tim