Team Website

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Nogbo

Team Website

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

I was just curious as to how often the team website gets updated.

My reason for asking is that if you follow the links 'Website funding' > > > 'Can you help the team' > > > 'link to current accounts'  you are shown a balance sheet for the accounts with regard to donations etc.

This accounts page does not appear to have been updated since February this year and when I came across it I was a bit dubious about it before making a donation as it does appear to be outdated.

I was wondering if this may actually be having a negative effect and be putting other people off donating due to appearing outdated.

Please don't take offence at this post as it is not intended in any way, shape or form as criticism it is purely an observation.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

'He who must be obeyed' is aware - 'cos I've all ready asked him about it. Watch that space!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Nogbo

Post by UBT - Nogbo »

Cheers Mikee
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Team Website

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Nogbo wrote:I was just curious as to how often the team website gets updated.

Hi Nogbo,

The basic answer is that it's me who updates it....and that happens when I get a few minutes to myself.....

There's a few things that need updating....so, soon as I can tweak things a wee bit, it'll be done.
UBT - Nogbo wrote: My reason for asking is that if you follow the links 'Website funding' > > > 'Can you help the team' > > > 'link to current accounts'  you are shown a balance sheet for the accounts with regard to donations etc.

This accounts page does not appear to have been updated since February this year and when I came across it I was a bit dubious about it before making a donation as it does appear to be outdated.

I was wondering if this may actually be having a negative effect and be putting other people off donating due to appearing outdated.

Please don't take offence at this post as it is not intended in any way, shape or form as criticism it is purely an observation.
Quite agree.....as you might have supposed by now, the website is updated manually, so things that need updating will all be done soon enough.

best regards and feel free to make as many (reasonable !!) comments as you like....

oh and PS, thanks for joining !!

Tim