BOINC Account Manager (BAM) open NOW

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

BOINC Account Manager (BAM) open NOW

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

If you didn't already know it, the BOINC Stats BAM is open RIGHT NOW for new sign-ups - 1st 200 only.... :D

http://www.boincstats.com/bam/

Get there quick...!

(I've registered !!)

regards.,

Tim
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

So have I *woo*
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

Post by UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke »

Well I've signed-up, thanks for the tip-off Tim, but it doesn't seem to be working. Confirmed the account and added my projects to it, followed the steps to attach to BAM (Windows XP machines running BOINC 5.2.13) but the account manager window has nothing against "Name:" and if I click the Update button I get "No accounts reported by account manager" in the messages tab.

Have I missed something blindingly obvious?

TIA
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke wrote:Well I've signed-up, thanks for the tip-off Tim, but it doesn't seem to be working. Confirmed the account and added my projects to it, followed the steps to attach to BAM (Windows XP machines running BOINC 5.2.13) but the account manager window has nothing against "Name:" and if I click the Update button I get "No accounts reported by account manager" in the messages tab.

Have I missed something blindingly obvious?

TIA
Yes you have not read the instructions posted on BAM or read the main thread in this forum for BAM :lol:  :lol: ....you must use BOINC 5.4.X
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Yes you have not read the instructions posted on BAM or read the main thread in this forum for BAM :lol:  :lol: ....you must use BOINC 5.4.X
:( Cheers!

Though I went to the BOINC website and the latest version listed here http://boinc.berkeley.edu/download.php is the one I've got. Where do I get 5.4.x from?

Thanks
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I am beginning to think this team cannot read :!:  :lol:

either from here (from the instructions for BAM)

or

here (from SETI)

Both links do the same so doesn't matter where it comes from
UBT_Grumpy Old Bloke

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I am beginning to think this team cannot read :!:  :lol:
That and an attention span of milliseconds these days!

Many thanks.  :D