Im a sad case (official ?)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - mickyb69

Im a sad case (official ?)

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

After finaly getting my new mobbo,chip,pci card  and sata drive on the ironing board i decided to take the wife and teen daughter through a brief history of my home computers ........From ZX81 to dual cores.
After 10 mins the wife said "so whats the difference between your first 486/25sx running with a massive 4 meg memory and this one ..They are both pcs so whats the difference ?"
After a big grin appeared on my face i said " This chip has 2 cores running at 3000 meg and has more cache than the 486 had for system memory "
Daughters reply was "Your just getting sadder "
Wife had to agree .
:lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

I'm sure you would've got a much more favourable reaction if you'd said that the dual core will make ebay work faster and be able to store thousands of itunes :D
Sir Cracked of the Mind
KWSN team member

Post by Sir Cracked of the Mind »

I can add nothing more than  :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:
Two groups, one composed of women and the second of men, were once set up to recommend whether computers should be referred to in the feminine gender - like ships which are addressed as 'she ' and 'he'- or the masculine gender. They were asked four reasons for their recommendations.

The men reported that computers be referred to in the feminine gender because:

1. No one but the Creator understands their internal login.
2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.
3. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long term memory for later retrieval
4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay cheque on accessories for it.

The women, on the other hand concluded that the computers be referred to in the masculine gender because:

1. In order to get their attention, you have to turn them on.
2. They have a lot of data, but are still clueless.
3. They are supposed to help you solve problems, but half the time they are the problem.
4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have had a better model.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Don't worry your not alone lol

Terry
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Computers are Female.

If you press the right buttons they do mostly anything for you.
And once a month all heck breaks out with them (windows pc's)

Mind you when I was married, I got into one of those "random" waffles with the Wife, got the usual blank look, told to get a life.
But as she walked out the door I said "So you don't want this thing then?"
She soon changed her mind :P