MundayWeb's BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Neil

MundayWeb's BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

Post by Neil »

Hi all,

If you're interested, you can now add your All-In-One stats graphic from boinc.mundayweb.com to your Facebook.com profile!

Check out http://boinc.mundayweb.com/facebook/ to add yours today.

I have only just created the Facebook application, so if you have any comments, please feel free to post them here or on the application's discussion page at Facebook.

If you would like to review the application, again, please see the application's page at Facebook.

Cheers,

Neil.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: MundayWeb's BOINC Stats comes to Facebook!

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Neil wrote:Hi all,

If you're interested, you can now add your All-In-One stats graphic from boinc.mundayweb.com to your Facebook.com profile!

Check out http://boinc.mundayweb.com/facebook/ to add yours today.

I have only just created the Facebook application, so if you have any comments, please feel free to post them here or on the application's discussion page at Facebook.

If you would like to review the application, again, please see the application's page at Facebook.

Cheers,

Neil.
Hi Neil,

How SuperKewl is that !!

Well done....hopefully will generate even more interest in all things BOINC !!

regards,

Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Never used Facebook or the stats site before, after sometime have got both set up but although the facebook profile has a place for Boinc stats it remains blank ***  is there something else (simple) that I need to do, if I click on the blank space it takes me to my all-in-one sig but otherwise it does not display it :cry:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hmm....

That is odd.

Once you've logged into Facebook, if you click "BOINC Stats" on the left hand menu, it should take you to your All-In-One account graphic.

This should cause the code for your BOINC Stats box to be re-created.

If this does not work can you send me a copy (PM or e-mail) of the source of your profile page?

E.g. In FireFox click: View -> Source

Cheers,

Neil.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I've just got round to setting up a 'MySpace' page, only to find that everyone has run off to the other side of the playground! :roll:

I can't be arsed to set up a 'Facebook' page as well! :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

It looks like Facebook caches images, even dynamic ones!

I have added some code which will force Facebook to update its image cache.

If you click on the BOINC Stats link in the left hand side menu of your profile page, it should now update your profile image.

I need to find a way for this to happen automatically of course.

Cheers,

Neil.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi Neil,

The BOINC stats application seems to work fine on my FB profile....so at least you've got one happy bunny....!

regards

Tim
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

That did the trick thanks :lol: