Hello,

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
sy_morris1981

Hello,

Post by sy_morris1981 »

Evening all. just started Boinc, i used to do seti@home when i was the geek thing to do in the 90's came across it again recently and hence the link to boinc although i'm running WCG not seti fancied a change.

how do i get my results up on the page? i'm on mac osx? i'm not a heavy user only doing about 4 units a day hope it helps

Chubbs
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Good evening and welcome. Not an expert on giving out stats advice, had to get help when I joined, but one of the tech. minded will fill you in.

As for choice of project,  it IS your choice, no one will tell you what to crunch or what not to crunch.
And yes every little helps, no matter how big or how small.

So, welcome to the team, may your stay be long and happy.

:hello2:  :hello2:  :hello2:

:wav:
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave:

It doesn't really matter how many units you crunch, it all helps. If you are after a signature to sit at the bottom of your posts then have a look at this thread.

James.
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Imageto our team... may your stay be a long one. If you need any help just shout there will be always someone to give you a helping hand..   :)

bob   :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Hello,

Post by UBT - Timbo »

sy_morris1981 wrote:Evening all. just started Boinc, i used to do seti@home when i was the geek thing to do in the 90's came across it again recently and hence the link to boinc although i'm running WCG not seti fancied a change.

how do i get my results up on the page? i'm on mac osx? i'm not a heavy user only doing about 4 units a day hope it helps

Chubbs
Hi Chubbs,

Welcome to the team and the forum.

Your stats results will automatically appear on both the project websites as well as the various stats websites. (such as BOINCstats, BOINCsynergy, etc.).

If you want to display your own stats on the forum here, (as other members do) you can either choose a stats logo from say BOINCstats website - just search for your username on their website and then click the tiny magnifying glass logo at the far right of the screen listing, on the same row as your name.

then you'll see the projects you've joined with your name and if you click on the small graph on the far right "BOINC combined" row, you'll see:
This is your stats logo....!

Just cut and paste this into your "forum profile" (using the [img]and[/img] tags to top and tail the link) and you'll see your stats whenever you review a message your posted here...!

regards,

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome to the team  :hello2:
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

Greetz and welcome to the team :hello2:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Hello and Welcome! :D
Timby

Post by Timby »

Image sy_morris1981 and Image to the best team in the UK. Lets hope your stay is long and enjoyable.