China Trek

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
Rockinfroggi

China Trek

Post by Rockinfroggi »

I know many of you have donated on various cancer fund raisers already this year, so I'm not expecting much response with this. But, as they say 'if you don't ask you don't get'

Two of the great nurses who look after me are walking the Great Wall of China to raise funds for much needed equipment on my ward and if anyone can spare a few pounds it would all help.

I'm asking all my family and friends and all my families friends to all donate just one pound each, that way I think very few people wil say no.

Here's hoping but by the same token don't feel obligated.

The site is if you fancy tacking a look

http://www.justgiving.com/nursefergie

If anyone does take the plunge if you maybe put the forum addy and my name in the comments section it may make a few people curious enough to take a peek at the forum :?

Gary
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Chris and Josh, thank you so much, that was way more than I was asking for and I am very very greatful.

I know a pound sounds a silly amount to send but many one's soon add up.

My amount will not be up for a while as I'm collecting first and adding as a lump sum.

edit, just excitedly told one of the nurses and she logged on to look, and whos name should be there? Mr Rick Horn, again Rick, I thank you from the bottom of my bottom

Gary
Last edited by Rockinfroggi on Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Donation sent.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Thank you Rick, I edited my first post before I saw your post.

Gary
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Thank you too Bobuk, you're a world class star  :D

What I failed to mention was the fact I told the nurses that for every pound I helped raise they had to give me a kiss :shock:

Looks like I'ma gonna be pretty busy :twisted:

BTW, just noticed my misspelling of trek in the topic :oops:  :oops:

Soggy faced Frog.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:....BTW, just noticed my misspelling of trek in the topic :oops:  :oops:

Soggy faced Frog.
Sorted the spelling....!

Will do a donation once I find my wallet (which I've mis-placed somewhere and I can't find it...!)

Edit: Team website updated to include this worthy cause on our home page.

regards,

Tim
UBT - Chris Suddick
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Rockinfroggi wrote: What I failed to mention was the fact I told the nurses that for every pound I helped raise they had to give me a kiss :shock:

Gary,

If you need any help here just give me a shout. I wouldn't want to see you strain yourself in your condition. We're all very concerned for you so just leave these onerous tasks to those of us that are strong enough to help you.  :wink:

Chris.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:....BTW, just noticed my misspelling of trek in the topic :oops:  :oops:

Soggy faced Frog.
Sorted the spelling....!

Will do a donation once I find my wallet (which I've mis-placed somewhere and I can't find it...!)

Edit: Team website updated to include this worthy cause on our home page.

regards,

Tim

Thanks Tim on both counts as for the wallet, have you checked your better halfs handbag?  :shock:

Been allowed on the PC at our ward reception as they don't work weekends.
Makes it a hell of alot easier to type than the stupid Patientline thing.

Gary
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote: What I failed to mention was the fact I told the nurses that for every pound I helped raise they had to give me a kiss :shock:

Gary,

If you need any help here just give me a shout. I wouldn't want to see you strain yourself in your condition. We're all very concerned for you so just leave these onerous tasks to those of us that are strong enough to help you.  :wink:

Chris.
Chris, you're a star, I was wondering how I was gonna cope with you lot being so generous. As they say 'sharing is caring'

If only I could get them to stop wearing my cheeks out and work thier way down :shock:

Off to wash my dirty mind with soap and water :?

Filthy Frog.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT-mark3346, another hero :D

If you wanna join Chris in easing my burden then you better be quick as I think he was planning to use the kisses as a keep fit program and is aiming to hog them all to himself.

Tired worn out Frog grinning from ear to ear.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

See what you started Chris, now Mikee wants to get in on the action :?

Thanks Mikee for the generous donation but could you please specify whether you require your kisses from the nurses or my good self :roll:

Gary.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Rockinfroggi wrote:See what you started Chris, now Mikee wants to get in on the action :?

Thanks Mikee for the generous donation but could you please specify whether you require your kisses from the nurses or my good self :roll:

Gary.
Ah - well that depends. Kissing frogs turns them into handsome princes - I'm not that way inclined! If you'd turn into a handsome princess - urggh!

I'll take my chance with a nurse thank you! :-*  :oops:
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Mikee wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:See what you started Chris, now Mikee wants to get in on the action :?

Gary.
Ah - well that depends. Kissing frogs turns them into handsome princes - I'm not that way inclined! If you'd turn into a handsome princess - urggh!

I'll take my chance with a nurse thank you! :-*  :oops:
You disappoint me Mikee, had it never occurred to you that I could just stay a frog with garlic breath?  :?  

Kiss Me Quick Frog
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Thank you very much John, another very generous donation  :D

I'm pretty overwhelmed by the amounts every one has been sending and now I'm home for a week I can organise my contribution and extort money from friends and family here.

Thank you everyone and I hope I get the chance to reciprocate (wow, what a big word for a tired frog) sometime in the future. :lol:

Gary.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi,

I found my wallet, and tried to make a donation...but the VISA Secure site refused to accept it....:cry:

Put in a complaint to JG and we'll see what happens.....maybe I've ended up buying some nice jewellery in Turkey, without leaving the comfort of my office :oops: (and believe me, that's happened before !).

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:Hi,

I found my wallet, and tried to make a donation...but the VISA Secure site refused to accept it....:cry:

Put in a complaint to JG and we'll see what happens.....maybe I've ended up buying some nice jewellery in Turkey, without leaving the comfort of my office :oops: (and believe me, that's happened before !).

regards

Tim

Eeeekkk, I hope you've not become a victim again, I had it last year but luckily got every penny back, if it was jewellery I hope it was a nice tiara to mount on those pretty silky locks of yours   :shock:

BTW, most of my hair has gone now, but the only hair taking it's time is all the bloomin grey :? I think someones `avin a laugh.

Gary.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Eeeekkk, I hope you've not become a victim again, I had it last year but luckily got every penny back, if it was jewellery I hope it was a nice tiara to mount on those pretty silky locks of yours   :shock:

BTW, most of my hair has gone now, but the only hair taking it's time is all the bloomin grey :? I think someones `avin a laugh.

Gary.
I'll keep my fingers crossed...no one from JG has been in touch yet... :-( which is a bit disappointing, given how much they claim to want to ensure you have a secure transaction....

So, like your namesake, you're a bald Froggi now?

Look on the bright side - there's more skin exposed to "accept" the kisses...:oops:

(Of course, you can make us all the more jealous if you could get upload some snaps of the nurses !!! )

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:
(Of course, you can make us all the more jealous if you could get upload some snaps of the nurses !!! )

regards

Tim
You mean like this?

ImageBend over :shock:

Unfortunately although there are a few good lookers most of my nurses are great for their personalities and the fact they find the time to have a joke with you and make you feel good, unlike most other nurses I've encountered in other hospitals who make you feel like you shouldn't be there giving them work to do.

I will take my camera in with me next week and see how many are willing to strike a pose.

Gary.