Nightmare logging on

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Timby

Nightmare logging on

Post by Timby »

Hi all, not sure if its me or the forum but it takes for ever to log on to the forum? Tried the ".com" and ".org.uk" sites both the same, also can't get any of the code to work and smileys won't insert, will clear the cookies etc and try again?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Nightmare logging on

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:Hi all, not sure if its me or the forum but it takes for ever to log on to the forum? Tried the ".com" and ".org.uk" sites both the same, also can't get any of the code to work and smileys won't insert, will clear the cookies etc and try again?
Hi Mark,

There's been some minor service interruptions on the .org.uk URL today...nothing major, but have been losing connectivity intermittently.

Didn't think there was an issue with the .com as it's hosted on totally different servers.

I also know we've been monitoring the number of web-bots spidering the forum - this can eat into resources and so we're checking to see how we can become less popular with the various web-bots...

regards,

Tim
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

I can't log on from the "log on" link at the top of the page, but can from the link at the bottom of the main page - if you follow my meaning :-)

Emoticons also have problems clicking on then on the left of the "post a reply" screen
Timby

Post by Timby »

Hi Tim, thanks for the info, John you are also correct in as much as the top "log on"  won't work for me but the lower one does.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Timby wrote:Hi Tim, thanks for the info, John you are also correct in as much as the top "log on"  won't work for me but the lower one does.
OK, I think I know what the problem might be, but due to the log in problem, I can't fix it....coz I can't log into the admin section...!

So, for now, if you are having "logging in" problems, use the log in boxes at the bottom of the forum home page - the link at the top right doesn't work right now.

Have now upscaled this to Darren, and hopefully he can tweak it...

Let's keep our fingers crossed....!

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

The bottom log in box wasn't showing up last night and the top one didn't work, so I was forced to spend an evening UBT-less! :(

Emoticons still not working (I put these in manually :)) and the ABC@Home graph isn't showing up. But at least I managed to log on today! :D
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

to make using the bottom login box "slightly" easier, try this link
Darren

Post by Darren »

All fixed again now.
The culpret knows who he is..... ;-)

A fix has been put into place to prevent this from being a major problem again. (hopefully)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Darren wrote:....
The culpret knows who he is..... ;-)
'Twas me....!

regards

Tim