Forum

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Gary

Forum

Post by Gary »

Is anyone else experiencing slow page loading speeds/unable to connect in the forum ?
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Yeah very slow today :cry:

Terry
Timby

Post by Timby »

Have been over the last few days, I put it down to the bad weather in the area??
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Forum

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Gary wrote:Is anyone else experiencing slow page loading speeds/unable to connect in the forum ?
Hi,

I thought it was slow coz of Rockinfroggi's "animated birthday GIF" that I used to "beautify" the forum, during the weekend...

Removed it this morning and since then, forum access for me has sped up a bit....

Is it still a problem for you?

If so, then maybe the database needs a "tidy up"...

regards,

Tim
Gary

Post by Gary »

Hi Tim,

was getting quite a few - http errors ? and can't connect too many connections that sort of thing.

but today the forum has been painfully slow.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Gary wrote:Hi Tim,

was getting quite a few - http errors ? and can't connect too many connections that sort of thing.

but today the forum has been painfully slow.
OK, I'll ping Darren an email and see if he can find out what's happening.

thanks and regards,

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Is this still an on going problem as my progress bar does not want to complete even after refreshing a few times and pages load painfully slowly.?

One of the other Gary's but not the other Gary.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Is this still an on going problem as my progress bar does not want to complete even after refreshing a few times and pages load painfully slowly.?

One of the other Gary's but not the other Gary.
I have thought the forum has been very slow for several days now.
I was beginning to think that my rig had slowed down. Glad other people have noticed it too.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:I have thought the forum has been very slow for several days now.
I was beginning to think that my rig had slowed down. Glad other people have noticed it too.
Hi all,

Sorry but been real busy over the last few days and as such I forgot to ask Darren if he can find out why the forum might be acting slow.

I've asked the question now....

regards,

Tim
smith639

Post by smith639 »

I put it down to wireless connection, which sometimes 'zones out' and goes to play with the fairies until rebooted, but it is evanescent enough to make diagnosis difficult.