Still Kicking (and crunching)

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
smith639

Still Kicking (and crunching)

Post by smith639 »

Hi, I've not been on the forum for a few days (330 posts-worth) so just to let all know that:

1. I am still around, even though my left shoulder 'froze' on Friday morning, making dressing and anything else manual a tad difficult until this morning, now I have about 50% movement.

2. I am still crunching 24/7 (got to get rid of that CPDN WU!), currently RCN and recently Riesel Sieve, Rosetta and of course Xtremlab.

3. I did crunch WCG on the agreed mini-crunch, but only got 2 WUs.

4. I am a bit perturbed by recent departures form the team, but feel that as a team we will endure, and hopefully prosper.

5. I will be very busy over the next few weeks with the Falklands 25 events, but will 'attend' the chat session on 23rd June.

Ron Smith
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

In May for every 1 (one) person leaving the team 6 (six) joined...What Virgin media or sky would give for a churn rate like that  :!:

With WCG a couple of their projects have longgg wu's so if you a had a couple of those thats still a good amount of crunching time.

Hope the shoulder soon unlocks fully and good luck with the events  :D
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

Hi Ron

Please get physio advice from your doctor for the shoulder, my doctor never bothered and now and again I have problems from my shoulder.

Take care and good luck.
smith639

Post by smith639 »

Thanks for the replies.

Mark the WCG WU were in the region of 27 hours if my memory serves.

JohnR, have sought the doc's advice (tendonitis) and currently on NSAIDs

Ron
smith639

Post by smith639 »

Pleased to report that the shoulder is functioning fine now.

I am prepping for the 17th, when I will be marching in London with many other Falklands Veterans.

Still crunching 24/7;
CPDN
SETI
ExtremLab
Riesel Sieve

The CPDN WU is, after only 56 hours, at 1.166% complete. I may put this in my will, as at this rate it will outlive me!
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

smith639 wrote: The CPDN WU is, after only 56 hours, at 1.166% complete. I may put this in my will, as at this rate it will outlive me!

Don't bank on it, I just had one of mine die at almost 20% and somewhere around 750 hours :shock: the second one is still breathing at 489 hours with 1905 hours to go.

Killer Frog.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

smith639 wrote:Pleased to report that the shoulder is functioning fine now.

I am prepping for the 17th, when I will be marching in London with many other Falklands Veterans.

Still crunching 24/7;
CPDN
SETI
ExtremLab
Riesel Sieve

The CPDN WU is, after only 56 hours, at 1.166% complete. I may put this in my will, as at this rate it will outlive me!
Good luck on the 17th, hope you're well enough to attend (am sure you'll go, even if in agony/need to be carried there, etc !!).

Re: CPDN
Just for your encouragement, after having had a few CPDN failures, after various periods, within the next 36 hours or so, I will be completing my first BBC CPDN WU....so far, 4400 hours worth of crunching and not long left....

I'll be glad to finish it....!

regards,

Tim
smith639

Post by smith639 »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Re: CPDN
Just for your encouragement, after having had a few CPDN failures, after various periods, within the next 36 hours or so, I will be completing my first BBC CPDN WU....so far, 4400 hours worth of crunching and not long left...

I'll be glad to finish it....!

regards,

Tim
That will merit the finest bottle of cyberchampagne in existence (with apologies to Withnail and I)

Ron