Xleague.TV

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Xleague.TV

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Available now on sky 291, don't know if Virgin have it ... Features all current machines and online gaming inc Pro Evolution Soccer 6, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Project Gotham Racing 3, Gears of War, Halo 2 , Dead or Alive 4.
sigma-7

Post by sigma-7 »

Brilliant channel :D  More of this please :D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I wish Sky would advertise these 'minority sport' channels!! :roll:

I've had withdrawals ever since the last gamer channel (Italian, I think?) slipped into soft p*rn/phone dating dross :evil:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I reckon we start a petition to bring back ".TV"

That was a proper computer channel, bit like a computer magazine on TV. Had a bit of everything, problem solvers, tutorials, games. I think it was on a 4 hour rotation that restarted at 6pm.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I remember it well, Mikee. A good, well balanced computer orientated channel, as you say :D

It suddenly disappeared without an explanation as to why! I can't remember the blokes name who hosted it, but seem to remember he'd done 'techy' stuff on normal telly before? :scratch:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

melter65 wrote:I remember it well, Mikee. A good, well balanced computer orientated channel, as you say :D

It suddenly disappeared without an explanation as to why! I can't remember the blokes name who hosted it, but seem to remember he'd done 'techy' stuff on normal telly before? :scratch:
I think it was ahead of it's time and just couldn't get enough viewers to be cost effective. There were a few magazine freelancers on there but I think the guy you're referring to was Will Hanrahan (or similar!)
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image