Truxoft has crippled my Boinc setup

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Robert Boon

Truxoft has crippled my Boinc setup

Post by Robert Boon »

I was running Crunc3r as my Seti application and decided to install Truxoft for the forthcoming Seti crunch which I had now decided to join. I exited Boinc, installed Truxoft and restarted my computer as I also had some Microsoft updates to install. Upon restart I got this:

This application has failed to start to start because LIBEAY32.dll was not found.

I now can't run Boinc at all - is there a simple solution that doesn't involve reinstalling everything from scratch.
Robert Boon

Post by Robert Boon »

I've managed to get Boinc working again as fortunately I was able to use system restore to take me back only a matter of a few hours but still before Truxoft messed everything up. I'd still like to know what I did wrong.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Robert Boon wrote:I've managed to get Boinc working again as fortunately I was able to use system restore to take me back only a matter of a few hours but still before Truxoft messed everything up. I'd still like to know what I did wrong.
Sorry, I've not used Truxs client.
You may be better off asking in the Seti Number Crunching board. There are a huge number of people there that have/are using it.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

did you remove the old application 1st?