ufluids Computational Error

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
smith639

ufluids Computational Error

Post by smith639 »

I have just had my second ufluids Computational Error in as many days. Is this common, and is it someting I or my PC are doing wrong?, the project has had 100% resource allocation for just over 24 hours now, as the WUs predicted process time was 56 minutes, but in reality took 6 hours each.

Ron
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Just had a look at some of the ones you're done. The 5 failed WUs ran for less than 2 minutes which is nothing really. Some other people doing the same WU failed as well. Seems there's a bit of flakiness in the project at the moment!

Your 6 hour WU did pass and you were granted 52.89 credits which, I think, is a little below average for your CPU but not far off.

I wouldn't worry too much about it - you can really complain when you get a 50 hour WU to fail - ask Froggy! :D
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

smith639

Post by smith639 »

I think I know what happened.

1. I signed up for ABC Beta, which sent a WU
2. This started processing straight away
3. I suspended it to switch back to ufluids
4. the computational error occured.

My fault I guess. Froggy, you have my heartfelt condolences. BOINC ought to have an optional insurance cover  :roll:

Ron
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

smith639 wrote:I think I know what happened.

1. I signed up for ABC Beta, which sent a WU
2. This started processing straight away
3. I suspended it to switch back to ufluids
4. the computational error occured.

My fault I guess. Froggy, you have my heartfelt condolences. BOINC ought to have an optional insurance cover  :roll:

Ron
Thank you for the condolences, two 50 hour WUs in as many days is a hard burden to bare, but with a little therapy I'm sure I will be able to move on, but any sympathy cards, spare credits or cash can be sent to:

ShockinFroggi Benevolent Fund  

3rd Lilly Pad on the left
The pond
West Wettering.
H20 4U
smith639

Post by smith639 »

In the 'blues' style...

"Woke up this morning,
ufluids was dead,
computational error,
whilst I slept in bed"
(mournful harmonica solo)

yep. an 8 hour crunch went tits up whilst being the sole app running.
If this goes on I may ditch ufluids, as the time could have been used better elsewhere

Ron  :(
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

smith639 wrote:In the 'blues' style...

"Woke up this morning,
ufluids was dead,
computational error,
whilst I slept in bed"
(mournful harmonica solo)

yep. an 8 hour crunch went tits up whilst being the sole app running.
If this goes on I may ditch ufluids, as the time could have been used better elsewhere

Ron  :(
uFluids are very good with faulty WUs and normally grant full credit for them, although you may have to wait 2 or 3 days.

Rick.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
uFluids are very good with faulty WUs and normally grant full credit for them, although you may have to wait 2 or 3 days.

Rick.

2 days? :shock:  I waited over 2 months for credits on finished WUs.
Not that I'm trying to put Ron off as all projects have their own little quirks and we all have to try them out and chose which we like and which we don't.

Gary.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:

Rick.
I agree, got two errors yesterday for about 13 credits, got the credit granted today :D