ok heres another one

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
ghosttrain

ok heres another one

Post by ghosttrain »

Can I set BOINC so that it automatically switches projects after a set time on each.  I have clicked leave applications in memory (hope that's right. )
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Go to any projects 'Your Account' page, select general preferences, and set the 'Switch between applications every' value. save the changes then, in Boinc manager, update that project. The new value will be set automatically for all other projects.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: ok heres another one

Post by UBT - Timbo »

ghosttrain wrote:Can I set BOINC so that it automatically switches projects after a set time on each.  I have clicked leave applications in memory (hope that's right. )
You have some degree of control using the BOINC "General Preferences", which is a global command (meaning you only need adjust it on one of your projects and this will then trickle through to all your other projects).

Set the setting "Switch between applications every" to something different will allow your BOINC Manager client to switch between different projects at times you specify. The default is 60 mins, which seems a good compromise.

Obviously, you can also control which projects take up more of your CPU by switchng some projcts to "No new work", which prevents them from downloading new WUs. (I use this most, in order to specify which projects I want to crunch for at any given time).

regards

Tim
ghosttrain

Post by ghosttrain »

thanks both of you