Riesel Sieve Profile Problem

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
smith639

Riesel Sieve Profile Problem

Post by smith639 »

For some reason I cannot creat a profile on Riesel Sieve, not matter how many times I try. Got them on every other project but this one just does not want to know.
Following the usual Create process, IE presents a window with a link View Your Profile, which when clicked returns a message 'No profile exists for this user'.
Has anyone had the same problem, or any hints on how to tackle this one?

Ron Smith  :?:
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Yeah, I found the same. Let's you create it and save, but then it doesn't exist when you look for it.

<Edit>    It CAN be done.    Create the profile without an image. Save it.
Then go back edit it and add the image!!!!!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Riesel Sieve Profile Problem

Post by UBT - Timbo »

smith639 wrote:For some reason I cannot creat a profile on Riesel Sieve, not matter how many times I try. Got them on every other project but this one just does not want to know.
Following the usual Create process, IE presents a window with a link View Your Profile, which when clicked returns a message 'No profile exists for this user'.
Has anyone had the same problem, or any hints on how to tackle this one?

Ron Smith  :?:
Hi Ron,

This problem affects a number of projects - am not sure why - maybe it's the way the project server is set up....?

Rod's solution DOES work, as I've had to do this on a number of occasions....

regards,

Tim
smith639

Post by smith639 »

Rod,

tried your method and it worked fine. Sadly you have now got my ugly mug gurning at you. How this can be considered an improvement is beyond me

Ron :shock:
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

Yep, definitely works. set the profile yesterday, got UOTD today. Maybe there aren't many profiles set on this project.