End in sight!

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
smith639

End in sight!

Post by smith639 »

I have been crunching my way through Xtremlab's first batch and the end is in sight. It has done my RAC for that project some good, but it will be nice to resume work on the other projects.
At least Xtremlab WUs are quick to chew, but is there any way (other that not accepting any new work) to restrict how many WUs are sent at once?

Ron
UBT - Halifax-lad

Re: End in sight!

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

smith639 wrote:I have been crunching my way through Xtremlab's first batch and the end is in sight. It has done my RAC for that project some good, but it will be nice to resume work on the other projects.
At least Xtremlab WUs are quick to chew, but is there any way (other that not accepting any new work) to restrict how many WUs are sent at once?

Ron
Alter your connect to network settings to something lower than what it is now, this should stop loads of Xtremlab WU's coming at ya
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

I only seem to get 20 at a time although it will continue to get 20 every 20 mins if I let it, resource share doesn't seem to make much difference so I just no new work it until I want some more (20 is about 3 hours worth at a time which is usually as much as I want in a day anyway)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Also make sure you have the most up to date BOINC software, I have never had any issues with getting too much work
smith639

Thanks

Post by smith639 »

Thanks for the guidance guys

Ron