BOINC.BE

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - JohnR

BOINC.BE

Post by UBT - JohnR »

BOINC.BE is a team I have a very high regard for. Their team spirit must be one of the best in the world.  
For the last month Boinc Synergy have made ABC@home the project of the month with the intention of moving up at least one place (from 4th).  BOINC.BE had a very small percentage of their credits with ABC - only 900K but in the last month they have increased their output with team members contributing over 50% of their effort to ABC and they have added 2.4 million credits and held their No. 3 position. Very well done that team     :notworthy:

The only problem is they have an even bigger team against them now. SETI.USA are adding members like there is no tomorrow to ABC.  Their top cruncher  for the last 3 days in Synergy stats. has credits of  New - 13k - 97k with a total of 141k credits :roll: the team started the week doing 2k credits a day and finished with 180k credits a day. I wish we had that power, the QMC week would have made Hull history.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: BOINC.BE

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - JohnR wrote:BOINC.BE is a team I have a very high regard for. Their team spirit must be one of the best in the world.  
For the last month Boinc Synergy have made ABC@home the project of the month with the intention of moving up at least one place (from 4th).  BOINC.BE had a very small percentage of their credits with ABC - only 900K but in the last month they have increased their output with team members contributing over 50% of their effort to ABC and they have added 2.4 million credits and held their No. 3 position. Very well done that team     :notworthy:
I "suspect" that part of the reason for this is that ABC are VERY generous with their credits.....a single member crunching for a day on ABC, receives more credit with ABC, than crunching for any other project (if I've done the math correctly....).

Maybe we need to consider doing something similar...while the going is "good"...?

regards,

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

We will get there eventually, it takes a while to build a small mini empire :lol:
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

UBT - Timbo wrote: I "suspect" that part of the reason for this is that ABC are VERY generous with their credits.....a single member crunching for a day on ABC, receives more credit with ABC, than crunching for any other project (if I've done the math correctly....).

Maybe we need to consider doing something similar...while the going is "good"...?

regards,

Tim
I agree with your maths - except for Nano-Hive who have no work, and if at the end of this month BE return to their "normal" projects it will help us to overtake them. Query have you seen the Stzaki credits we received yesterday?  Only 135k now to catch BE in in total credits.:lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - JohnR wrote:.....Query have you seen the Stzaki credits we received yesterday?  Only 135k now to catch BE in in total credits.:lol:
Must be some further "pending" credits that have now been validated - I had one or two pending, but I'm sure others had a lot more.... :wink:

So, a very nice (overdue) addition to the overall stats....

And nice to see we are getting closer to BOINC.BE again....but I'm also going to be "prepared" in case more Belgian MoOo Farm credits suddenly get transferred....they still have 1,423,935 credits that are awaiting transfer........

regards,

Tim