"get a UBT signature graphic" problem

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Roy

"get a UBT signature graphic" problem

Post by Roy »

If you go to -

http://www.ukboincteam.org.uk/uk-boinc-team.html

and down on the left it says 'main menu', 'general stuff' and you click on 'get a ubt signature graphic (to use in our forum)' - when I click on it I get in the right frame -

Error 403 - Forbidden
You tried to access a document for which you don't have privileges.

but I can't see anywhere I ought to log on first. Presumably this topic is covered somewhere here in the forum which I haven't found yet?!  :sad11:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Sorry Roy, our signature page has been down for a few days and none of us can update or make changes.
Keep an eye on the forum and as soon as it's up and running again I'm sure there will be a post about it.

Gary.
Roy

Post by Roy »

I see, thanks for your help.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Rockinfroggi wrote:none of us can update or make changes.
Speak for your self :wink: I can get in to alter anyones sig, but the normal user way does not work
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:
Rockinfroggi wrote:none of us can update or make changes.
Speak for your self :wink: I can get in to alter anyones sig, but the normal user way does not work
OK, OK, I was actually talking about us mere mortals and not Image
smith639

Post by smith639 »

As at 27 Apr 2007, the signature generator still appears to be cybersulking. A swift kick in the PHP might help!

Ron
UBT - Halifax-lad

smith639 wrote:As at 27 Apr 2007, the signature generator still appears to be cybersulking. A swift kick in the PHP might help!

Ron
Its picked up one project so far, maybe just needs time for your BOINC CPID to align, make sure all projects have got the same email address
smith639

Post by smith639 »

OK, I used the one email address (less to forget). I will give it a few days then try again, only got about 40 credits anyway

Ron
Darren

Post by Darren »

Now you have changed your email addresses the projects have started to be added.

The figures should become more accurate shortly.
smith639

Post by smith639 »

Still struggling, when I visit the signature page zilch happens.
Can you possible send me the raw bbcode, along with a few pointers on where to swap userids etc, and I will try to work ot out for myself

Ron
UBT - Halifax-lad

smith639 wrote:Still struggling, when I visit the signature page zilch happens.
Can you possible send me the raw bbcode, along with a few pointers on where to swap userids etc, and I will try to work ot out for myself

Ron
enter your CPID found on your account page for a project and enter whatever password you chose at the time

This is yours

Code: Select all

[img]http://signature.ukboincteam.com/sigs/144.gif[/img]
smith639

Post by smith639 »

Here goes nothing..

Ron
UBT - Halifax-lad

smith639 wrote:Here goes nothing..

Ron

Now the happy owner of a UBT sig, if you can recall your password then you can log into the sig site and alter colours, settings etc etc
smith639

Post by smith639 »

:D
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Found this thread using 'Search' (such a useful tool!)

I've changed my five projects to the same email addy, but it's not the same as the addy I used to register on here. Will you still pick up my credits and be able to add them to my sig?

Still waiting for Einstein to change my CPID, but the other four are the same and I've re-registered on the 'sig-site' using the new CPID and common email addy.

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

melter65 wrote:Found this thread using 'Search' (such a useful tool!)

I've changed my five projects to the same email addy, but it's not the same as the addy I used to register on here. Will you still pick up my credits and be able to add them to my sig?

Still waiting for Einstein to change my CPID, but the other four are the same and I've re-registered on the 'sig-site' using the new CPID and common email addy.

The email address you use on the forum has NOTHING to do with either the stats signature or the project stats.

So, as long as all you register to each of the projects using the same email address on each one then all the stats websites (including ours) will "merge" your credits together.

However, the forum is totally separate.

regards

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Thanks for your answer, Timbo, much appreciated! :D
UBT - Halifax-lad

Yes the sig will pick up the changes once they all filter through
Purplepixii

Post by Purplepixii »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Yes the sig will pick up the changes once they all filter through
Does this take a while?  I've got PG and WCG in addition to Seti (although I'm only running WCG atm) but my sig just shows Seti.  Will it auto-update itself over (some unknown) time?
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Purplepixii wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Yes the sig will pick up the changes once they all filter through
Does this take a while?  I've got PG and WCG in addition to Seti (although I'm only running WCG atm) but my sig just shows Seti.  Will it auto-update itself over (some unknown) time?
It can take a day or two.
Alan Pull

Post by Alan Pull »

I think Darren's stats are a bit behind at the moment - do I recall that he had a server/ISP change earlier this week?  I now seem to be up to date apart from SIMAP - which is still a few days behind.
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

You're right, Alan, HERE'S the thread! :)
Scott

Post by Scott »

My sigs still just showing Seti, I also have CPDN - any ideas?
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Scott wrote:My sigs still just showing Seti, I also have CPDN - any ideas?
I`ve got about 7000 credits on CPDN, but it never shows on my sig.
Maybe it`s a CPDN thing.
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Weird as my sig shows credits for CPDN.
Even though I have never done CPDN, It's not a UBT sig problem as all stat sites show me with the same credits  :roll:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

NaRyan wrote:Weird as my sig shows credits for CPDN.
Even though I have never done CPDN, It's not a UBT sig problem as all stat sites show me with the same credits  :roll:
CPDN was the first project you joined UBT with (that I have a record of), on Dec 28th 2007, you joined with 0 credits and have since done 3,025 :D
see here

When does it show your hosts last made contact?
That would at least show you when you crunched it and maybe jog your memory :D
NaRyan

Post by NaRyan »

Temujin wrote:
NaRyan wrote:Weird as my sig shows credits for CPDN.
CPDN was the first project you joined UBT with (that I have a record of), on Dec 28th 2007, you joined with 0 credits and have since done 3,025 :D
see here

When does it show your hosts last made contact?
That would at least show you when you crunched it and maybe jog your memory :D
I joined UBT doing TSP  :lol:
I joined UBT on 8th DEC 07, Same day as TSP started, and I went from seti to TSP :?
And I cannot access the account there, gives me an error saying:
Login failed: Wrong password for ahem@ahem.com.
Use your browser's Back button to try again.
I also have the log files for Boincview going back, since I started on Seti on OCT last year, so all projects I have done are listed (boy does it take a while to sort through that lot!), and CPDN is not listed.

Boincstats used to list 1 host (now shows hidden), and it was a Dual core Intel, I have never owned a dual core Intel :roll:
Scott

Post by Scott »

I'm fixed - Thanks.