Poll for Mini-crunch 20th - 27th April

This section is where you can post topics related to Challenges from other websites, such as Formula-BOINC, SETI-Germany and BOINCstats, as well as project challenges such as from WCG, PrimeGrid et al.

As a Team, we really want to engage as many team members with these challenges, as this gives us a great way of attracting more members to our Team...plus we get to show our strengths as a Team by (hopefully) doing well in each one.

PS: I have moved lots of topics into this section where they are relevant...as you can see, we've always been happy to take part in Challenges...and long may that continue ;-)
UBT - Halifax-lad

Poll for Mini-crunch 20th - 27th April

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Just to keep up the momentum with our crunches here is the poll for the next up & coming crunch. Yes its early but might as well be prepared for it so that as many members as possible can take part in this.

Some projects are ideal for Sneaky Club missions these are mainly ones we have already achieved our number 1 spot on, which need to be kept hold of. As always suggestions for Sneaky Club missions to go into the Sneaky Club forum, feel free to make a suggestion.

If your not a Sneaky Club member and want to be one of find out more send a pvt message to UBT - Timbo

So here is the list of projects we still need to work on for number 1 status in the UK

BURP it has now ramped up production of work, so hopefully for any crunch there would be work available, can be a few problems with it running at the moment, but not that many that it needs to be micro-managed - Approx 34,820 credits to reach our target of Number 1 - Currently only 1 team in our way

CPDN as always we are battling on with CPDN it will take a long time to reach any higher targets in the UK rankings, but even a weekend crunch would help give a good boost to the credits. Hopefully we can attract new members who want to do CPDN via crunches and increased RAC - Currently 3 other teams in our way

Einstein@Home is another ongoing battle to reach any higher targets, I think the same strategy for CPDN would also have to happen on Einstein - Currently 2 other teams in our way

Predictor@Home is another long battle to reach the number 1 spot, seems to be plenty of work, some issues but nothing show stopping from the looks of it, approx 4,700,000 credits to go - Currently only 1 team in our way

QMC@Home the title of number 1 in UK was stolen from us by a few individuals who cheated their way to the top, but thats now stopped as the project has gone fixed credits, plenty of work, no showstoppers, some long WU's but you get plenty credit for them - approx 444,000 credits until the number 1 spot becomes ours again - Currently only 1 team in our way

RCN had a very successful Sneaky Club mission done by some members, well done to them all for pushing us up the leader board - approx 115,000 credits needed until we get to the number 1 spot - Currently only 1 team in our way

Xtremlab has just had a very successful weekend crunch, OK we haven't passed anyone at all but the credits have shot up a fair wack - approx 3,000,000 credits until we get the number 1 spot - Again probably a case of building up long term members to the team to help keep the RAC increasing - Currently only 1 team in our way

LHC@Home has not been included in the list as its still having server move problems. Also like I said other projects can always be supported by the Sneaky Club to keep our heads out of the water.

If anyone has any comments or suggestions for other crunches or even this one either post them here or feel free to send me a PVT message, promise I won't shoot you down :lol:

Poll shuts down in 21 days
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

I will NOT crunch for Predictor, they condone hacking by supporting Wate and deleting/banning postings of people who criticise them. See MikeMarsUK posting in Other Bio/Medical Projects and the long discussion over in Boinc Synergy forum.
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - JohnR wrote:I will NOT crunch for Predictor, they condone hacking by supporting Wate and deleting/banning postings of people who criticise them. See MikeMarsUK posting in Other Bio/Medical Projects and the long discussion over in Boinc Synergy forum.
thats your decision, I for one do not care the whole thing has been blown up out of proportion, action is to be taken too on Wate's account on Predictor

Edit: Also its win win for us less people to compete with
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

I would like to support Einstein, but I've had so many problems with them - many, many WU's which have exited with zero status.  Not managed to finish one of theirs for weeks - and the last crunch we had I was running one for most of the weekend but got no credit at all because it didn't complete.  

Felt like I'd let the side down.

Getting loads of Xtreme Labs at the moment,  wouldn't mind having a go at RCN as I've been getting a few of them through, and BURPing nicely thank you.  They suddenly seem to be coming thick and fast.

Not that my meagre little contribution makes any real difference at the end of the day....  Though hubby, who I persuaded to sign up a few weeks back, is cutting through the stats and racing up the charts.
UBT - Halifax-lad

If QMC wins. does anyone have any objections to the crunch been extended :?:  Say 5 or 7 days instead of 3 :?:

Only ask as it may be more productive to do it for a slightly longer time due to the nature of the WU's been longer
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

No prob here

Gary.
Timby

Post by Timby »

Yeah lets go for it, full 7 days please :lol:
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

no probs.......just keep us all informed

b. :D