Sluggish

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Sluggish

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Pretty sure my internet connection is fine, but my comp seems quite sluggish at the moment dunno why, spyware, virus etc comes back as none.

Any suggestions :?:
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

Whats running in memory?  I've had a few machines at work where the svchost is taking 50% or 100% of the cpu.
Any adverts popping up unexpectedly?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Its working fine now must have been the site I was using :roll:
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

Gotta love computers...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

This computer has been doing this off and on for a few days and I think I've worked out what's causing it in my case.

Went into 'Task Manager > performance. Both CPU's were varying wildly between 0 and 100%. They're both usually running at a steady 100% when BOINC is running. So I put the BOINC manager into 'snooze'. Both CPU's dropped to around 0%. Took 'snooze' off and both went back to their normal 100% and the computer seems to be back to normal running. I've done this twice now. I'm running a couple of SAP's and a 'Docking' so I don't know which is is the culprit - though it could be the manager itself.

So if anyone else sees things running a bit slowly just try the above and see if it clears things.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

I find I have to restart the BOINC service every now and again for the same reason.  Not sure it can always regain its priority if other services have used and then released. (if that makes sense)