Spam

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Spam

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Just got this in my spam folder, made me chuckle
             Your Online Banking is Blocked

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We recently reviewed your account, and suspect that your Bank of America account may have been accessed by an unauthorized third party. Protecting the security of your account is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventative measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive account features.
To restore your account access, we need you to confirm your identity, to do so we need you to follow the link below and proceed to confirm your information:

******URL Removed*******

Thank you for your patience as we work together to protect your account.

Sincerely,
HALIFAX Customer Service Online - UK Banks, Finance, Telephone & Internet Banking

*Important*
Please update your records on or before 48 hours, a failure to update your records will result in a temporal hold on your funds.
Notice it claims to be from the Halifax Plc but happens to mention my Bank of America account :wink:  :lol:  URL was for a fake Halifax Bank site
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Damn it, it nearly worked, those funds would have gone to finance my new supa puter.
Thanks to your vigilance you have denied UBT multiple credits, I hope you're proud of yourself.
Back to the drawing board.

Spam Whale.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: