User active

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
Rockinfroggi

User active

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Can anyone tell me what 'Suspended - user active means.

All my primGrid WUs have changed to this on one system and stopped crunching.

Have looked elsewhere for the answer but found nothing.

Edit, it seems to be swapping backwards and forwards between this and ready to run.
Gary.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Yes, your preferences are set to only run when user is idle. You can either change your general preferences for the host at Primegrid (default, home, school, work, which ever one you are using) set 'do work while computer is in use' to 'Yes'.

Or on the BOINC client advanced view, under the 'Activity' menu select 'Run Always'
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Yes, your preferences are set to only run when user is idle. You can either change your general preferences for the host at Primegrid (default, home, school, work, which ever one you are using) set 'do work while computer is in use' to 'Yes'.

Or on the BOINC client advanced view, under the 'Activity' menu select 'Run Always'
I did check the preferences and they were set correct, in fact I use global settings via Bam also the system is running nothing but boinc and when this occurred I checked nothing like my security software was doing a scheduled scan or update and also Task manager was showing system idle 99%.

Still, it seems to be crunching again now so I'll just keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the input DJH.

Gary.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Did you set activity to 'run always' in the BOINC client? This will make sure it always runs :D

DJH
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Did you set activity to 'run always' in the BOINC client? This will make sure it always runs :D

DJH

No I haven't, but it's never been an issues on any of my systems before, I have Network activity always available. But for the sake of a few mouse clicks I shall take your advice and change that now.

BTW, is your name Dave? DJH seems so impersonal  :oops:

Gary.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

It's Doug  :wave: