Sat nav updates

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
Rockinfroggi

Sat nav updates

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Does anyone here use a sat nav that uses the Route 66 software?

I've been trying to help my brother inlaw install the safety camera update for his device which is the Chicago PND, but from the google searches I've done many other devices use the Route 66 software and this seems to be an issue with all of them.

If anyone has any experience of these problems I'll post the draft email I composed for customer support (who seem slow to reply)which outlines the problems incurred.

hopefully

Gary.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Sat nav updates

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:Does anyone here use a sat nav that uses the Route 66 software?

I've been trying to help my brother inlaw install the safety camera update for his device which is the Chicago PND, but from the google searches I've done many other devices use the Route 66 software and this seems to be an issue with all of them.

If anyone has any experience of these problems I'll post the draft email I composed for customer support (who seem slow to reply)which outlines the problems incurred.

hopefully

Gary.
Might be a bit late now, but I now use TomTom on my iPaq/Navman PDA. 3rd party updates are easy to install as are changes to the maps....

Edit: Just as a "plug", now that pocketgpsworld.com are making a charge for the speed camera POI, (which is updated by people for FREE - so now they make money out of other peoples time and effort !) here's somewhere you can still get it for free: http://www.dirksoft.co.uk/tom_tom_go.htm

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

It's never too late, thanks for the info Tim I will pass it on as he plans to seek a refund if he has no luck with customer support and I'm sure any recommendations for other units will be gratefully received.

Gary.
Gary

Post by Gary »

Any one own a tomtom (go 910) ?  might be interested in this article.....

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,12868 ... ticle.html

Edited by Tim: now shows actual TomTom model