BAM etc

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

BAM etc

Post by UBT - Terry »

Hi can anyone tell me is it worth using BAM or do most of you manage your own BOINC projects I'm v new to all this and am a bit fuzzy as to whether it's worth it ive had few minor probs attachind detaching etc and find it easier not to use it but is it nessassary?
Thanks
Also does antone know why my stats are wrong on sig graphic got nearly 2500 credits for seti  :?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: BAM etc

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Terry Caney wrote:Hi can anyone tell me is it worth using BAM or do most of you manage your own BOINC projects I'm v new to all this and am a bit fuzzy as to whether it's worth it ive had few minor probs attachind detaching etc and find it easier not to use it but is it nessassary?
Thanks
Also does antone know why my stats are wrong on sig graphic got nearly 2500 credits for seti  :?
Hi Terry,

Re: BAM.
Personally, I used it for about a week and then BAM decided to detach me from most of the projects I had joined and then it messed up my CPID identification code - Willy (who runs BAM) couldn't offer a simple explanation as to what had happened, nor could he fix it...!

BAM is very powerful as it stores your usernames/passwords and hence you can use it to attach/detach etc, BUT if it goes wrong, there's a lot of work to do, to put it right (across multiple projects).

For me, the BOINC Manager is good enough. It shows in real time everything you need to know, allows you to control stuff locally (ie which project to crunch for and which to suspend) and if you want to join another project, it's real simple to do so.

On the other hand, some other members swear by BAM and I'm sure they will offer you good advice to support joining it.

Re: Stats
I've checked and where you have joined our Team, (Einstein, SETI, RALPH and Rostta) I can see that the email address you've used is the same in all cases. It takes a while for the projects to "collaborate" on your CPID identifying code and then the stats websites will combine your stats from the projects you've joined. This all takes about a day or two to happen, depending on when each project exports their updated data files (called XML's).

If you click here:
http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/index ... earchteam=

assuming this is the SAME "Terry Caney" for all the projects, then you'll see you have three different CPID's!!!

So, maybe the WCG and the CPDN projects "Terry Caney" aren't you?? Or if they ARE you, then you need to check your email address on each of these projects.

But I can see from OUR stats logo, that the "Terry Caney" on WCG IS you....so, you just need to wait for the BOINCstats data to correct itself - it'll happen automatically...!

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Thx Tim all the projects r mine inc WCG seti Ralph rossetta einstein but the seti one is the one that bloody BAM attached me to instead of the correct one but to be fair i had something to do with that  :oops:
Typo he he , but ive made sure that all projects have correct E Mail addy and user name, so should be ok soon then.
 Cheers again.

Terry
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Hi Terry
My stats have picked you up in Ralph, Rosetta, Seti, Einstein and WCG all using the same CPID.
So it looks like things have sorted themselves out and the other stats sites should fall into line whenever they do their next updates.

PS
I've never used BAM (or similar). Boinc Manager and a couple on my own scripts take care of everything for me.

edit
typo
Last edited by Temujin on Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Terry
Active UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Terry »

Thx John and gotta say ur stats WOW!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

BAM! is very easy to use plenty of options to manage all your projects from one list, just read the instructions & FAQ's 1st and all will run fine, been using it for ages and not had 1 problem ever
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

On my Bam detailed stats page my credits for seti beta have not changed in days, do these pages lag that far behind or is something stuck?

Gary.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Rockinfroggi wrote:On my Bam detailed stats page my credits for seti beta have not changed in days, do these pages lag that far behind or is something stuck?

Gary.
You are going to have to ask that over at BAM! not really something we can answer from here as such