Exiting

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - BHCJackie

Exiting

Post by UBT - BHCJackie »

Every other time I exit the BOINC Manager using File, Exit I find boinc.exe and any preempted projects still active in Task Manager Processes.
Am I doing summat wrong (wouldn't be the first time)?
Temujin

Re: Exiting

Post by Temujin »

must admit, I don't exit like that, I right click the tray icon and select exit
but would think they both do the same thing

I dunno why its still running for ya :?:

have you tried the optimised seti app yet?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Well as you have asked for BOINC to remain in memory it is doing what you have asked it to do :lol:
UBT - BHCJackie

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Well as you have asked for BOINC to remain in memory it is doing what you have asked it to do :lol:
When I was still having problems with Rosetta I switched back to No. That's why I asked. It seems to do it about half the time though which is weird.
UBT - BHCJackie

UBT - AJS wrote:must admit, I don't exit like that, I right click the tray icon and select exit
but would think they both do the same thing

I dunno why its still running for ya :?:

have you tried the optimised seti app yet?
Usually I don't even bother exiting Boinc Manager. It comes on when GertII comes on and switches off when GertII switches off.

It was only because I wanted to load the Seti opti app that I exited and I used File, Exit because I'd had a look which WU was crunching - if it had been BBC I would have waited for the checkpont doodah before exiting.

I'm totally confused by this
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - BHCJackie wrote:Every other time I exit the BOINC Manager using File, Exit I find boinc.exe and any preempted projects still active in Task Manager Processes.
Am I doing summat wrong (wouldn't be the first time)?

Hi Jackie,

You're not doing anything wrong...!

I get the same problem sometimes.

Sometimes it goes away fairly quickly. Other times it hangs around so I "kill" the task by highlighting and selecting "End process".

I get the same problem with "Outlook" - can shut it down, but even now there's at least 4 instances of it sitting there, consuming my memory....!

regards,

Tim