back up again ?

Get physical with some of these projects? Asteroids, Cosmology, Einstein, LHC, MilkyWay, Test4Theory,
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

back up again ?

Post by UBT - bobuk »

system tells me that its down  :?
but i have just been given 24wu's :o
after forcing the manager  :D

strange but true...

b.  :D
Alan Pull

Post by Alan Pull »

You obviously missed my last post

//QUOTE

Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject:      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Einstein is not actually down, but strugglingly under a very heavy work load.

This has come about as the S5R1 run is coming to an end, only short work units are available.  These are being allocated almost as soon as they are produced (oldest work unit unsent is around a minute).  This means that instead of getting work units which match your resident data file, a new data file to match your newly allocated units has to be sent.  The result of this is that the server is currently having to do about 6 times as much work.

Estimates for the end of the S5R1 run are difficult in view of the recent hardware hiccups, but range from 3 to 10 days.  The current problems will then be gone with the start of S5R2.

All we can do is be patient and continue supporting this excellent project, and, who knows, it may be a member of our team who will be able to claim the distinction of crunching the very last S5R1 unit, or the first from S5R2

QUOTE//

Its difficult to see how long this will go on, but my guess is that S5R! has only about 24 hours left.  As I write, SIMAP is having similar problems for much the same reason.
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Is this down again :?:  :?:  :!:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

No just same as before is my guess
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Let's hope it sorts itself out soon and we get into S5R2 ASAP :lol: