UBT Funding

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT Funding

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

If anyone wants to be so good as to donate some money to Tim to help with the running costs of the team then please feel free to visit this donation link

Must be honest I forgot about this so when payday comes around if I can afford I will be sending some juicy dosh over.

This not only includes the running of the team website, but also any other ideas that come along that are viable to be done.

Any way visit the donation link it explains it better than my little post.

PS: If you're in UK you can send a cheque or if you don't want to use Paypal contact UBT - Timbo via a pvt message or email and he will gladly assist you.

PPS: I'm sure if you wish to remain anonymous that would be fine too.

Donation link
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Right I have just sent some money over for UBT Funding

Who's next :?:
UBT - Janea

Post by UBT - Janea »

We're rather broke this month (very large garage bill - don't ask!)  Can you send a reminder out at the end of the month.....
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

PP mine  last night  :D

b.
UBT - Halifax-lad

janea wrote:We're rather broke this month (very large garage bill - don't ask!)  Can you send a reminder out at the end of the month.....
I'm sure we can remind you 8)
Semmy

Post by Semmy »

Dosh sent.
UBT - Halifax-lad

Well done to all who have sent some money over for UBT funding, i'm sure Tim will have thanked you all personally by now.

If anyone else wants to dig their hand into their wallet or purse then feel free to do so, even if its a little amount it all adds up.

Only £51.04 to go and thats the years bill paid for the website hosting
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Bit more added to the funds just now!
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - PennyQ wrote:Bit more added to the funds just now!
Doesn't look like Tim has gotten around to seeing this payment as yet, I'm sure he will add you to the list of people who have sent in some funds just as soon as he looks

:wink:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Doesn't look like Tim has gotten around to seeing this payment as yet, I'm sure he will add you to the list of people who have sent in some funds just as soon as he looks

:wink:
Funds received - just haven't had time to update website...will do it on Sunday....!

regards

Tim
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

Have sent what I could sorry it's not much but I've been unable to work for over 2 years so it's the best I can do for now. once I'm able to work again I shall make amends and send more.

hope it helps

Gary.
Joshrandom

Bump

Post by Joshrandom »

As I'm sorta new to the forum, I've been having a look around and I found this thread. So I was wondering whether UBT is still looking for some spare change to oil the wheels of the forum :?:

Not that the Random household is particularly flush at the moment, but I could always delve into the back of the sofa, and empty the pockets of all the coats hanging in the hall etc  :)

James.

This post in no way constitutes a commitment to enter into any binding financial contract nor does it offer any guarantee that such monies exist down the back of any of the Random soft furnishings
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Bump

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Joshrandom wrote:As I'm sorta new to the forum, I've been having a look around and I found this thread. So I was wondering whether UBT is still looking for some spare change to oil the wheels of the forum :?:

Not that the Random household is particularly flush at the moment, but I could always delve into the back of the sofa, and empty the pockets of all the coats hanging in the hall etc  :)

James.
Hi James,

We did have a round of fund raising a while back, which have helped to pay for most of the overheads of the Team. It would be nice to think of ways in which we can increase our Team membership by using these funds - but so far, the only reasonably priced way was to consider paying for some Google AdWords - but as our Google ranking is quite high anyways, then this is possibly wasteful, given that people are finding us via Google quite easily.

So, the next option was to consider doing some advertising in one of the computer magazines....but in UK this is quite expensive. However, we might get a nice write up soon and if this comes about then we might be able to afford to do a one-off ad to accompany it...

This was also one of the reasons why we held a logo designing competition about a month ago, to tie in with our teams 3rd birthday.

But there weren't many entries...so we may have to "run" with a modified version of our current team logo.

Or we could use some monies to get a professional re-design of the logo...!

So, if you can afford something, then it will be put to a worthy cause, as shown on our Team website here: http://www.ukboincteam.org.uk/ubt-accounts.html
Joshrandom wrote:This post in no way constitutes a commitment to enter into any binding financial contract nor does it offer any guarantee that such monies exist down the back of any of the Random soft furnishings
Love the small print....!

regards,

Tim
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

just sent some :D
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Well the small change is on the way, I hope it helps :toothy8:
Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Timbo wrote:This was also one of the reasons why we held a logo designing competition about a month ago, to tie in with our teams 3rd birthday.

But there weren't many entries...so we may have to "run" with a modified version of our current team logo.

Or we could use some monies to get a professional re-design of the logo...!

regards,

Tim

pffffffftttttt there were plenty of entries from one plonker but none suitable  :P

If I'd known you wanted an updated version of the original than I would have worked on that but thought you were after something fresh and  new :oops:

Useless
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Rockinfroggi wrote:pffffffftttttt there were plenty of entries from one plonker but none suitable  :P

If I'd known you wanted an updated version of the original than I would have worked on that but thought you were after something fresh and  new :oops:

Useless
Hi "Useless"

Don't worry yourself about it - I can just about do an updated version meself....no point worrying anyone else about it...!

But the compy was really about getting some other ideas....and I certainly got them in spades.... :wink:

regards,

Tim
UBT - Knightlight

Post by UBT - Knightlight »

UBT - Timbo wrote: So, the next option was to consider doing some advertising in one of the computer magazines....but in UK this is quite expensive. However, we might get a nice write up soon and if this comes about then we might be able to afford to do a one-off ad to accompany it...
I run a car club website, although its car related I do have plenty of advertising opportunities, 468x60, 120x240 and 120x600 ad banners. I don't know if this will help, but its gotta be worth a go as its free. The club website is http://www.solent-renegades.co.uk