snooze

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
minime

snooze

Post by minime »

Hey there...

Sorry if this was answered before but i did not find it when doing a search.

I thought "snooze" was something like a "pause" (not having to shut down the manager all the time), but.. when i used snooze it removed the work file and all work done till then was lost.. the project started from scratch again..

I do not think it is such a good idea to remove the files when snoozing.. any work arounds please? (i have the latest version of Boinc Manager installed and running the World Community Grid project)

Oh, and another question, i don't know what was the exact link to the page that provides statics about your work (the one that states if the results you sent were erroneous, valid or invalid, the amount of points requested/amount of points given etc.)

Thanks!!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

View the results page in WCG it will show you basic info for the state of WU's, which version of BOINC do you have? Latest version does not mean too much as there is the latest stable client and the latest alpha client
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Re: snooze

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Welcome to the team!
minime wrote:Hey there...

Sorry if this was answered before but i did not find it when doing a search.

I thought "snooze" was something like a "pause" (not having to shut down the manager all the time), but.. when i used snooze it removed the work file and all work done till then was lost.. the project started from scratch again..

I do not think it is such a good idea to remove the files when snoozing.. any work arounds please? (i have the latest version of Boinc Manager installed and running the World Community Grid project)
FYI Latest user version is 5.7.1

'Snooze' is susposed to work as you said - ie just pausing. It's always worked for me. Perhaps if you pause it when it's doing something unusual it goes into a sulk! I think you must have been unlucky. Try it again just as a work unit is starting - that way you won't lose too much if it does go pear shaped again. If it does best post on the site - but I suspect it'll work as advertised.
Oh, and another question, i don't know what was the exact link to the page that provides statics about your work (the one that states if the results you sent were erroneous, valid or invalid, the amount of points requested/amount of points given etc.)
Assuming you mean WCG - log in, click 'my grid', click 'device manager' then 'results status'. Not sure if this will take you there or not unless you're logged in first.

HTH
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

minime

Post by minime »

Thanks Mike !

It seems i do not have thelatest version.. mine is 5.4.11 :|

But thank you for your reply and advice. By the way, i found the results page afterall :P

Will be bugging you if anything wrong happens :P
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I think Snooze has a time-out aswell, last time I used it Boinc started cruching again after an hour , wether it has anything to do with the application switch time in the projects preferences or not I don't know, as I have that set to an hour  :roll:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Snooze is for 1 hr
UBT - PiezPiedPy

There ya av it

Cheers Halifax-lad  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:There ya av it

Cheers Halifax-lad  :wink:
It can also be for 1 minute when they update to a new Alpha version and forget to put 60 Min's and put 60 seconds :lol:  but thats now fixed
UBT - PiezPiedPy

I blame decimal points, they should be banned  :lol: