PS3 Stupidity

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
UBT - Halifax-lad

PS3 Stupidity

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

This is just pathetic the length people will go to get a new console

see here

I wonder if everyone will also go mad for Wii
James Box

Post by James Box »

I wonder how many of those "gamers" are just buying it to hock on ebay at 3 times the price?
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

heh first time I heard of this wii thing was 2 weeks ago, still havent figured out what it does ;) then again i'm still using a ps2 and happy with it.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: PS3 Stupidity

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:This is just pathetic the length people will go to get a new console

see here

I wonder if everyone will also go mad for Wii
It's the old "supply and demand" marketing trick.

Hype everyone up to want one and then even those who have actually little interest in the item, will either want one or will get one just to make a buck on ebay.

And look at all the free marketing that Sony have got, as a result of limiting the numbers......you couldn't buy that !!

As for the Wii becoming as "in vogue" - I doubt it. Instead of launching with only a few, aren't they launching with loads available....

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/03 ... nt_target/

So, methinks the Wii will launch with a whimper rather than a bang.

regards

Tim
James Box

Post by James Box »

Who cares?

I'll be playing my Wii and laughing at all the PS3 owners with Blu-ray problems...
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

And I'm sat here playing along nicely with my 360, not touched it that much actually since I got the thing, time for an all nighter me thinks
Gamma^Ray
BOINCSynergy team member

Post by Gamma^Ray »

Anybody up for a Playstation 1 party at my house ? (Although I'll have to dig mine out of the closet somewhere). Thats the last gaming station I purchased.  :lol:
James Box

Post by James Box »

Gamma^Ray wrote:Anybody up for a Playstation 1 party at my house ? (Although I'll have to dig mine out of the closet somewhere). Thats the last gaming station I purchased.  :lol:
I could dig out my ZX Spectrum  :D
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Still have my Atari lynx handheld :oops:
Gamma^Ray
BOINCSynergy team member

Post by Gamma^Ray »

LoL. . Can't compare to my ole Commodre 64 ! Talk about some cool games (At least I think they were anyways )  :?   Especially when you could hook up your Atari 2600 Joystick with it. It was almost fun !  :lol: