A FINAL push after the FINAL push

SETI@home and SETI BETA - project now closed, maybe for good :-(
UBT - Halifax-lad

A FINAL push after the FINAL push

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I was wondering who would be up for a big push on SETI BETA once we get to number 1 on SETI. Would be nice to see us at Number 1 on both of the SETI projects.

At current rates its going to be January 2008 when we reach number 1. All we need is 103,335 credits. Its the same work as normal SETI at the moment so there should be no problems with it.
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

Sure i can't see why not :)
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Simon wrote:Sure i can't see why not :)
Kewl thats 2 of us so far then, might get a few others to sign up for the project too if they are not already on it.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: A FINAL push after the FINAL push

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I was wondering who would be up for a big push on SETI BETA once we get to number 1 on SETI. Would be nice to see us at Number 1 on both of the SETI projects.

At current rates its going to be January 2008 when we reach number 1. All we need is 103,335 credits. Its the same work as normal SETI at the moment so there should be no problems with it.
Good idea David....as long as we don't lose our hard-earned #1 UK rank on "normal" SETI....

I've been thinking about which projects we need to crunch on so as to protect our various #1 ranking positions (hence why I asked Darren to work his magic on the stats pages.

I think, for the immediate future, we need to have two main objectives:

- to maintain our #1 ranking in the various UK projects
- to make a sustained attempt to become #1 UK ranked team on all the major projects, where we're not #1 already....!

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Timbo wrote:Good idea David....as long as we don't lose our hard-earned #1 UK rank on "normal" SETI....
I don't think it would alter anything as we were already out crunching them in the 1st place, was just taking a while to catch up thats all
I think, for the immediate future, we need to have two main objectives:

- to maintain our #1 ranking in the various UK projects
- to make a sustained attempt to become #1 UK ranked team on all the major projects, where we're not #1 already....!
Sounds fine to me

Edit: So perhaps from the new year we should focus our crunches on either becoming number 1 in the UK on all projects or maintaining that lead. Couple of projects out there that will be hard for us to crack but worth the challenge
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Edit: So perhaps from the new year we should focus our crunches on either becoming number 1 in the UK on all projects or maintaining that lead. Couple of projects out there that will be hard for us to crack but worth the challenge
Yup - that was exactly the motive and thinking behind doing the Crunches in the first place - so as to use whatever crunching capacity we had available and to be able to turn our attention to the "needy" projects - where for the sake of a few hours crunching we could easily make up some ranking positions or protect any lead we might already have.

Of course, originally, when we only had 50-100 members and there were only a few projects that had available WU's, it was tricky to pick a worthy project that wasn't SETI...!

Nowadays, with a higher membership and with more projects available, it's much easier.....

So, for 2007, I'm pretty sure the Crunches should be dedicated to helping our Team increase it's UK ranking position while still helping as many of the projects as we can. Darren's stats will help us in this regard, as we can then see at a glance which of the projects need some urgent action.

I think we should announce a "Monthly Crunch", which is "recommended" to members, say by the 24th of the month before, when we can highlight the projects where either:
- we are able to rise up one UK ranking position and/or    
- we need some credits to help ward off another team who are crunching more than us on specific projects.

And, as always, members can choose to participate in whichever project they like...

regards

Tim
UBT - Halifax-lad

Right so whos up for getting Numer 1 on SETI Beta then, I have just switched over now to it, got a couple of SETI units left then its BETA all the way
UBT - Halifax-lad

Right SETI WU's reported back now to kick OCUK's but at BETA

We are already out crunching them as it is just need a bit more input into the project to get us past them

Catching SETI Astroupulse
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Can't have you catching up with me!

I'll be there in a day or so - just gotta finish up a few others.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

James Box

Post by James Box »

Just attached my clients to the project.

Another candidate for some help is Spinhenge. Currently #1 but being slowly caught by Wild Cards UK
UBT - Halifax-lad

Glad to see another person up for kicking some OCUK butt.

Come on you lot get your BOINC crunching BETA now

Edit: Also Scottish BOINC Team is out producing us although that may be a while until they get to us
UBT - Halifax-lad

James Box wrote:Another candidate for some help is Spinhenge. Currently #1 but being slowly caught by Wild Cards UK
I'm happy to switch over to Spinhenge when I get BETA out of the way
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Spinhenge is one of the ones I'm finishing off.

It's a right pain about how long they take to resend out 'failed' WU's! Still got nearly 300 credits waiting validation because of that! Really screws up the RAC! :banghead:

Image Image

Darren

Post by Darren »

I'll help out just as soon as I finish off this seasonal and rectilinear wu's
UBT - Halifax-lad

I still have my SAP WU its on hold going to have to finish it at some point
Darren

Post by Darren »

Runtime error for 5.17 on my machine!
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I still have my SAP WU its on hold going to have to finish it at some point

Finish it off - there's no hurry! It'll only bug you while it's there!

(.....Sneaks off to get some Beta WU's......)

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Darren wrote:Runtime error for 5.17 on my machine!
See here may be just an isolated problem with a few WU's
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:Finish it off - there's no hurry! It'll only bug you while it's there!

(.....Sneaks off to get some Beta WU's......)
Nah going to pass you 1st of all on BETA :lol:
UBT - Halifax-lad

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:At current rates its going to be January 2008 when we reach number 1
Now down to 22 December 2007  :lol:  :lol:  Keep on crunching folks
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I was wondering who would be up for a big push on SETI BETA once we get to number 1 on SETI. Would be nice to see us at Number 1 on both of the SETI projects.

Took 10 months less than expected - we got there earlier this morning!

http://chase.ukboincteam.com/index2.php#SETI_Astropulse

Image Image

Rockinfroggi

Post by Rockinfroggi »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:

Took 10 months less than expected - we got there earlier this morning!

http://chase.ukboincteam.com/index2.php#SETI_Astropulse

:wav:
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

:wav: