Formula 1

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
DJH@GB-Ro

Formula 1

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I was looking for this thread I started back on one of the first days of the forum, but then I remembered there was an error and the forum had to be restored a previous state and I consequently lost the thread. Back then, it didn't generate much interest, but I know there is a certain person who might like to post and discuss F1 here  :wink: and hopefully some more!

F1 fans, come here and discuss anything related!  8)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Re: Formula 1

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I was looking for this thread I started back on one of the first days of the forum, but then I remembered there was an error and the forum had to be restored a previous state and I consequently lost the thread. Back then, it didn't generate much interest, but I know there is a certain person who might like to post and discuss F1 here  :wink: and hopefully some more!

F1 fans, come here and discuss anything related!  8)
Hmmm.....what to chat about?

- Alonso/Fisi ramming Schumacher off the track and by default, Alonso wins the Championship....!

- Hamilton driving for Ron in Brazil?

- Driver changes:
Alonso going to McClaren next year
Ditto Kimi to Ferrari
Ditto Webber to Red Bull

- Bridgestone supplying everyone with tyres next year (shame as I was looking forward to another Michelin debacle in USA....! )

How's that for starters???

regards

Tim
Martle

Post by Martle »

Hey ... F1. I was beginning to think that I was the only person on these boards with a slight interest in this most noble of sports.

Everyone's talking about Lewis Hamilton with a MacLaren drive but what about last year's DTM Champ and current MacLaren test driver - young Gary Paffett who has now become slightly overlooked among the Hamilton fervour. Now I'm not bias in any way to either of them. I've known Paffett since he was a young lad and went to his wedding last year. Lewis, on the other hand, lives just a couple of miles away from me and as he is one of my son's mates he used to come round to my house quite often in his 'tweaked' mini.

Hamilton has had all the breaks while Paffett is just there in the background testing away and just waiting for the Hamilton publicity to die down so he too can have his moment of glory.

So there you have it. You've opened up this F1 thread and this first post is just for starters.

You may come to regret it.

:D
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I went off F1 a few yrs ago when they brought in the crap tyres, GT sports prototype is the one for me nowadays.

Need to get into rallying more - hmmmm wheres that scroger and scafy pole.
James Box

Post by James Box »

Another F1 fan here. Always found it tough getting to Silverstone with it taking forever in traffic. Now I'm only 30 mins away from the track here at Indy and I've been to a number of the races. Thankfully not the fiasco one but I'm hoping it sticks around for years to come :)

I've not yet been to an Indy 500 or NASCAR, but it's on the to-do list. Perhaps when my son is old enough to go with me  8)
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

I need some advice  :P

I'm a fan of the lazy Kimi, but I love McLaren. Who the hell do I support next year? :? I'll probably end up supporting Alonso even though I always wanted Kimi to beat him. I like McLaren more than Kimi.

Answered my own question  :oops:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I'm a fan of the lazy Kimi, but I love McLaren. Who the hell do I support next year?
It could well be the young Mr Hamilton
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:
DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I'm a fan of the lazy Kimi, but I love McLaren. Who the hell do I support next year?
It could well be the young Mr Hamilton
Of course I would  :D

I should have said which do I support out of the drivers who I think will be in contention for the title. And if young Lewis is up there, it will most definitely be him  8)

Pity DC  is getting old :happy11:
Last edited by DJH@GB-Ro on Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martle

Post by Martle »

I know what you mean mate. Now that Kimi's going to Ferrari it kinda taints his reputation somewhat.  :roll:

Still can't understand why Alonso's going to McLaren but I suppose we all need a change sometime.

I'm in a bit of a quandry myself. I've got all the Honda stuff and go laden to Silverstone with my Flags, Button cap, Honda shirt and my JB personalised matching handkerchief and boxer shorts. (Only joking with those last two items ... I think  :oops: ) but I now have big connections with McLaren in the way of freebies and special passes etc.

Perhaps I'll just sit on the fence and take a change of clothing next time I go to Grand Prix.  :wink:
James Box

Post by James Box »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:I need some advice  :P

I'm a fan of the lazy Kimi, but I love McLaren. Who the hell do I support next year? :? I'll probably end up supporting Alonso even though I always wanted Kimi to beat him. I like McLaren more than Kimi.

Answered my own question  :oops:
I was a Ferrari fan until Mr "dirty-tricks" started driving for them. I will certainly be supporting Kimi next year. F1 needs change and any single dominant driver will lose my attention. Would love for McLaren to do better. They need to get over their reliability issues.
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Martle wrote:Still can't understand why Alonso's going to McLaren but I suppose we all need a change sometime.
Could be something to do with Renault's pathetic wages!
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Pity DC  is getting old :happy11:
haha, its a pity he's not a better driver.
To me he's the driver that's squandered the biggest chances.
Was at Williams when they had the best car, was at McLaren when they had the best car.
He's the only driver I've seen crash on the way into the pits  :shock:
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Temujin wrote:haha, its a pity he's not a better driver.
To me he's the driver that's squandered the biggest chances.
Was at Williams when they had the best car, was at McLaren when they had the best car.
He's the only driver I've seen crash on the way into the pits  :shock:
lol @ the pits  :lol:

If only he hadn't made that stupid agreement with Hakinnen in Melbourne those years ago, maybe as team leader he might have had a chance... perhaps....
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Brazilian qualifying

Post by UBT - Timbo »

H all,

I missed the quali on TV - partner was watching some minor-celebs dancing, so I had to log onto the Formula1 website and view the online timing....

So, Hamilton didn't make it into the McLaren ! Am I surprised? Not really ! Don't think he's ready yet.

And Schumi misses out on a 69th pole, by having a dodgy engine (or "something") I'd have loved to have been in Alonso's car as Schumi was touring round to go back into the pits....!

All say "Aaaaahhhhhh" - NOT !

Surprised about DC and JB. Both should have done better.

So, Alonso to just tour around, keep his "nose clean" and just get some points.  Schumi to drop down 10 places with a (probable) engine change - any chance he can win from around 20th place on the grid??

Alonso wins the Championship, maybe Ferrari gets the Constructors title, if Massa can do well with home support.

And then bring on 2007 !

regards

Tim
Temujin

Re: Brazilian qualifying

Post by Temujin »

Well, not a bad race.
Shuey was incredible (again!),  
I've never liked him as a person but he's head and shoulds above the other drivers in ability. I think the sport will suffer without him but I reckon all the other drivers are saying YEAH, HE'S GONE AT LAST!!!

Was pleased for both Massa and Alonso.
And Button, pity about qualifying but did very well in the race

Roll on next year, Alonso in a McLaren so no way he's gonna make it 3 in a row :D
Massa and Raikonen together should be good fun.
And hopefully the Williams should be higher up the field.
And the new brit blood, something to look forward to there methinks.
jaysback

Post by jaysback »

Rallycross is the way to imo.
Great for spectators lots of thrills and spills.
And the the pits are always open to look around and see those huge turbo chargers sat on the supercars.
CLASS!
UBT - The Prof....

Post by UBT - The Prof.... »

Anyone here think Williams team might win a race in the coming season :?:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

The Prof... wrote:Anyone here think Williams team might win a race in the coming season :?:
Win a race?? - they might be better off thinking about actually FINISHING a race first.....shame that Cosworth are no longer the "force" they were for reliability and performance.....but Williams will have Toyota engines in 2007, which might be better.....but Toyota have had their own problems anyway.....

I can remember the brilliant partnership between Williams and Honda a few years back - total dominance...and now look at them both....! Honda on the way up and Williams not.

regards

Tim
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

Podium for Hamilton on his debut!

Just about the watch the re-run  8)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

DJH@GB-Ro wrote:Podium for Hamilton on his debut!

Just about the watch the re-run  8)
Not a bad race for Lewis.....overtaking Alonso at the start and even holding 1st place for a while, (OK, so the others were "pitting" at the time !).

- Reckon the pressure is gonna be "off" Jenson now, as Lewis will be attracting all the media hype and JB can just get on and race.

- Poor old Wurz - nearly being decapitated by DC.....!

- Good result for Kimi, although he'll be cheesed off that McLaren are now making a come back....why weren't they reliable when HE was there???

- Having said that, the "Kimi curse" struck again when the radio (in his Ferrari) failed.... :oops:

regards

Tim
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

A great racer needs to have luck (as well as all of the talent side of things) and Kimi just doesn't seem to have it.  Fingers crossed for him tho.

I also can't wait for Lewis to beat Alonso  :D
AndyJG247

Post by AndyJG247 »

Another thought.  Anyone else want ITV to use the old chain song for the music like the old days??