Welcome yorkieron

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Welcome yorkieron

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Hi yorkieron

Should be joining us on SETI soon, posted a message to our team recruitment add on SETI forum to say has joined but not classes as in the team as yet according to SETI website (has something gone wrong :?: )
Last edited by UBT - Halifax-lad on Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

A provisional welcome to the team then :lol:  :lol:
yorkieron

Re: Welcome yorkieron (nearly)

Post by yorkieron »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:Hi yorkieron

Should be joining us on SETI soon, posted a message to our team recruitment add on SETI forum to say has joined but not classes as in the team as yet according to SETI website (has something gone wrong :?: )
:(
Just my stupidity
UBT - Halifax-lad

If you need any help with anything then just ask away we will all help
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

he's in :thumbup:
my stats picked him up on Seti at 20:00
UBT - Halifax-lad

Certainly chose a good project to start on
yorkieron

Post by yorkieron »

Hi everybody i thought i'd completed membership,  
I think i have now
I am an old seti member who prefered the old system i am still trying to get to grips with boinc, i had the screen saver on lost and don't know how to get it back can you please help
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

yorkieron wrote:Hi everybody i thought i'd completed membership,  
I think i have now
I am an old seti member who prefered the old system i am still trying to get to grips with boinc, i had the screen saver on lost and don't know how to get it back can you please help
Hi "yorkieron"

How far have you got with regards to installing BOINC? I can see that you have joined the SETI project with 2 PC's running Windows XP and that you are contributing WU's to that project

see here>> http://www.boincsynergy.com/stats/boinc ... roject=sah

So well done !!

When you first install BOINC, at the end of the install, it does actually ask you if you want it to become the default screensaver.

But please be aware that some of the projects do not have a screensaver and hence they won't blank the screen and give you pretty pictures.

Besides which, running the screensavers can use up CPU cycles which could otherwise be used by the application. So, many people switch the screensaver off and set Windows to "Blank screen" at the appropriate time.

(for Windows) Go to Start > Control Panel > Display > Screen saver and in the drop down box, select BOINC. Then click Apply and OK and you're done.

regards

Tim