Careless Code Recycling Causes Killer Kangas

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Careless Code Recycling Causes Killer Kangas

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Temujin

Re: Careless Code Recycling Causes Killer Kangas

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:This made me chuckle  :lol:  :lol:
Arr, that be chuckle worthy  :D
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Tee hee!! Brings to mind a really stupid thread on our (long since removed) work billboard about combat capybaras (don't ask...)
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PennyQ wrote:Tee hee!! Brings to mind a really stupid thread on our (long since removed) work billboard about combat capybaras (don't ask...)
Oh come on, you can't make a coment about combat capybaras and not tell us about it.
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Just looked up on Google to find out what a capybaras is, strangest thing I've ever seen - looks like a cross between a rabbit and a rat :lol:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:Just looked up on Google to find out what a capybaras is, strangest thing I've ever seen - looks like a cross between a rabbit and a rat :lol:
yep, strange looking things, largest rodent in the world, native of south america.
To me they look like giant guinea-pigs (and I mean giant, 2ft high and 4ft long)

I'm still intirgued about the combat tho PennyQ
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

To be honest, I can't really remember (it was a good few years ago!)   :?

There must have been something about animals being used in some military capacity, and that then led on to flights of fancy about what would be the most dangerous small animal (probably triggered by repeats of The Young Ones with their hamster)  People were quite creative (a ferret with a bandolier comes to mind), then it finally ended up with the ultimate - the combat capybara (semi-aquatic, so good in all situations; large incisors for cutting through fences; strong carrying capability...)  The picture that someone posted stuck in my mind a bit, that's all (and you must admit, it's a good comment to throw into a conversation!!!)  :D
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer