SAVE BBC Top Gear programme petition

Add links or just chat about things you've found elsewhere on the web...or just add a "plug" for a local event happening near you...!
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

SAVE BBC Top Gear programme petition

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

If you like motoring and the type of journalists who regularly "present" on Top Gear, then you may be aware that some sectors of our nanny state might want to ban this programme.

As such, an online petition has been set-up, which you can sign, in order to help prevent the programme from being closed down.

Click here to sign the petition to keep Top Gear on air.

http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

regards

Tim
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

Maybe a bit premature - but offence is the best form of defence I suppose.

What gets me is the relative quickness of his recovery. I know he's still very ill, but it does show how well the safety measures worked. Any other motor accident at that speed would have been instant death or severe paralysis. So it does show how much they put into his safety.

Had the car crumpled up or blown to bits would have been a very differant matter. Then we would have had the same scenario as Noel Edmunds a few years ago where his program was pulled instantly.

As it is, the new series will be delayed but I'm sure that sense will prevail and the program will be back as soon as Richard is available again.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

The BBC has already said it will not pull the program regardless of what others are doing in the background
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Mikeejones wrote:As it is, the new series will be delayed but I'm sure that sense will prevail and the program will be back as soon as Richard is available again.
Given the prognosis for Hamsters recovery (6+ months) - and of course, I'm assuming that all who read this hope he makes a full and speedy recovery - I'd guess the program will be back before he's able to appear as a presenter, and as such maybe they'll bring in a guest presenter or two.

Likewise, there's bound to be some parts already filmed and "in the can".

Just a question then of whether it is regarded as too voyeuristic to screen stuff that Hamster did before the accident.

Either way, I'm more likely to be watching TG (for my motoring "fix") than 5th Gear - which has just come back and is the worse load of tosh (in it's new format) that I've seen for ages. VBH needs to be taken off-screen and given multiple lessons in "presenting". And as for crushing cars.....! Err' what's that all about?

regards

Tim
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

A total of just under 80,000 signatures when I signed - not to bad  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

I have not signed it don't see the point Top Gear is here to stay and been filmed at this moment in time
DJH@GB-Ro

Post by DJH@GB-Ro »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:I have not signed it don't see the point Top Gear is here to stay and been filmed at this moment in time
You're 100% right, they're not going to stop just because a few people have their panties in a twist. It could have been any crash, and it was Hammond's idea to do the thing in the first place, he wasn't 'made' to do it. Jeremy started filming the new series today.
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

Back to Defcon 5 then - phewww