stats

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:I've not seen any updates since 6 this morning. Is it just me or is there a problem?

Chris.
Seems a problem! Graphics are showing increases but the totals aren't changing. John will have it sussed as soon as he reads this I'm sure!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

It might be something I'm doing wrong, but every time I've tried to access John's stats in the last week I just get a blank page. Are they working for anyone else?
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Joshrandom wrote:It might be something I'm doing wrong, but every time I've tried to access John's stats in the last week I just get a blank page. Are they working for anyone else?
Been working for me all week with IE9
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

UBT-mark3346 wrote:Been working for me all week with IE9
Using Firefox both at home and at work I get nothing, odd. :scratch:
UBT - Chris Suddick

Post by UBT - Chris Suddick »

Works OK for me using Chrome although they are on GMT rather than BST.

Chris.
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

My hosting provider moved the stats to a new server last Monday.
All sorts of configurations were missed, resulting in strange behaviour.

While the URL has stayed the same, the IP address has changed from 188.65.115.35 to 195.62.28.15, so if you have any bookmarks saved using the IP address you will need to update them.

It should be all back to normal now :thumbup:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

I usually notice when things swap over and I didn't notice a thing!

BTW if you list all of the members when you go onto the site but you only want, say, the top 100 you can use

http://www.ubtstats.co.uk/ubt/SC3.php?nd=100&sp=0

it'll load a lot quicker. Changing the 100 to another number will list up to that number.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:My hosting provider moved the stats to a new server last Monday.
All sorts of configurations were missed, resulting in strange behaviour.

While the URL has stayed the same, the IP address has changed from 188.65.115.35 to 195.62.28.15, so if you have any bookmarks saved using the IP address you will need to update them.

It should be all back to normal now :thumbup:
Hi John

It's all looking OK now....so, hopefully it's settled down in/on it's new server.

One question for you.

Is there a way of your making a new "tab" that shows ONLY those who have seen an increase in their "total credits" over the last 28 days (or more). This would interest me, as then I could use it as a filter to help me generate a mailing list of members who are still crunching.

regards
Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:One question for you.

Is there a way of your making a new "tab" that shows ONLY those who have seen an increase in their "total credits" over the last 28 days (or more). This would interest me, as then I could use it as a filter to help me generate a mailing list of members who are still crunching.

regards
Tim
That's already there in a way.
On the "Combined 1" page, the A column displays how many active projects a user has, "active" meaning the project has increased credits during the last 28 days.
So, sort the page on that column and you'll have the active users at the top  :D
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:That's already there in a way.
On the "Combined 1" page, the A column displays how many active projects a user has, "active" meaning the project has increased credits during the last 28 days.
So, sort the page on that column and you'll have the active users at the top  :D
2nd attempt to post a reply :(

Hi John,

Ok - thanks for that - now I know what the "A" means.... :)

I've tried to do a "cut & paste" of the active 550 (or so) members, but the page is scrolling so slowly and by #160, it's taking maybe 2 seconds to scroll per line....

So, is there a better way of getting a "one-off" data dump of ALL the "Combined 1" data, sorted by "active" membership and including their specific project totals. (as I'll need that so I can figure out which member is which if they have duplicate names).

regards
Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Timbo wrote:So, is there a better way of getting a "one-off" data dump of ALL the "Combined 1" data, sorted by "active" membership and including their specific project totals. (as I'll need that so I can figure out which member is which if they have duplicate names).
There are some flags that will help you.
1, find a user that only has one project and select that user in the single project pages, then select the "Combined 1" page and click the A column header.
2, add &rp=1 to the URL, this will restrict the projects to that single project of the user.
3, add &nd=560 to the URL, this will limit the output to the first 560 rows

For example, I chose ed85 in the Seti project and it massively reduces the size of the page
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Still not working for me.  :(

I tried using my Windows PC, and using both Firefox and IE I could load the stats page by clicking on the link in John's signature, but when I tried to click on the combined tab it went blank and then every page on the stats site became blank, including the page I started from, odd.
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Joshrandom wrote:Still not working for me.  :(

I tried using my Windows PC, and using both Firefox and IE I could load the stats page by clicking on the link in John's signature, but when I tried to click on the combined tab it went blank and then every page on the stats site became blank, including the page I started from, odd.
I have exactly the same issue - just as described above!  :cry:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:There are some flags that will help you.
1, find a user that only has one project and select that user in the single project pages, then select the "Combined 1" page and click the A column header.
2, add &rp=1 to the URL, this will restrict the projects to that single project of the user.
3, add &nd=560 to the URL, this will limit the output to the first 560 rows

For example, I chose ed85 in the Seti project and it massively reduces the size of the page
Hi John,

Thanks for that.

I couldn't figure out the #1 and #2 instructions....but in the end I used the 3rd suggestion: (&nd=560 switch), which did limit the number of rows in the dataset, (once I'd sorted it by the "A" column).

Then I just scrolled down to the lowest row, clicked on one of the lowest columns and then scrolled back UPWARDS, keeping the left mouse button depressed - and scrolling back up was a lot faster (as in theory, the data was in the browser cache anyways).

It was then just a question of pasting into Excel and then a little bit of tidying up....and voila...!!

I think that'll do me for now....the inactives "dataset" can wait a while....

thanks for the tips :)

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

hgblade wrote:
Joshrandom wrote:Still not working for me.  :(

I have exactly the same issue - just as described above!  :cry:
You must both be using the live version.
I fixed the test version yesterday but forgot the live version.
Should be ok now though
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Thanks, John. That's fixed it for me.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Thanks for fixing things John, and for providing these stats in the first place, I've been a little lost without them.  :D
UBT - Chris Suddick

On 14th Jul there was a hiccup with the Asteroids project and it didn't update for a few days. The project seems back on track now but the stats are not updating. Has something blocked the stats, John? I presume it just needs a reset or somesuch to clear out the baffles.

Chris.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:On 14th Jul there was a hiccup with the Asteroids project and it didn't update for a few days. The project seems back on track now but the stats are not updating. Has something blocked the stats, John? I presume it just needs a reset or somesuch to clear out the baffles.

Chris.
Hi Chris

Hope you are well :)

One other thing that is stuck is the UBT signatures - I would suggest you change your signature to one provided by either mundayweb, BOINCstats or allprojectstats - as I doubt the UBT signature is going to be fixed anytime soon :(

regards
Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Chris Suddick wrote:On 14th Jul there was a hiccup with the Asteroids project and it didn't update for a few days. The project seems back on track now but the stats are not updating.
Asteroids, along with several other projects, have recently updated their boinc server code. This update causes the method I use to collect the user stats to fail. All of the updated projects other than Asteroids have subsequently installed a patch that fixes the problem.

There's nothing I can do, it needs Asteroids to install the patch

Edit
Oops, looks like they've patched it now, it should work again
:thumbup:
UBT - Chris Suddick

Way to go, John. Thanks for the explanation as well.

Chris.