Evo@home - CLOSED?

Anything "BOINC" specific can be commented on here...such as Project news and announcements etc. Also: any problems with BOINC or maybe you have found something interesting, tell us about it. Chat about the various 3rd party client applications used for some of the projects such as optimised clients.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Evo@home - CLOSED?

Post by UBT - Mikee »

http://boinc.run.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/evo/
Evo@home is a research project that uses Internet-connected computers to do research in Machine Learning. This project uses Evolutionary Algorithms to optimize the parameters of different kind of machine learning algorithms.
Currently the project is used to tune the parameters of a learner used for the prediction of the three-dimensional structure of a protein from its sequence of amino acid residues. You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

Evo@home is based at Montefiore. This is the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science of the University of Liège (Belgium).
More information about our research will be available soon. Meanwhile you can check this poster presenting our research.
More information about this project
While you are waiting for new WU's I thought it could be useful to provide you some more information about this project.

An article concerning our research will be presented in two months at a conference. Of course this article cannot be published before the conference but here is a poster presenting the subject: http://www.jul-1.be/download/P02.pdf
Using BOINC and new optimizers, we hope to find even more accurate results!

Concerning the source code of this project, it is now available here. This source code evolves constantly and it is distributed under GNU GPLv3.

New WU's should be available by the end of this month.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

in :thumbup:

As an aside, I saw an Evo wrapped around a lampost this morning, must've been a really bad driver (or a really big idiot) to lose one of them :D
UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:oops:  :wink: Joined
UBT - bobuk
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by UBT - bobuk »

Taken from the evo@home message boards > > >

"Scientific WU's should be available by the 7 of March"

New project and we need more members.

b. :D
hgblade

Post by hgblade »

Just joined, although probably still unable to process anything at all for another day or two.  :cry:
melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

I'm in  :D

Has BOB got UotD in this yet?  :wink:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - bobuk

Post by UBT - bobuk »

*** Update from evo@home  message boards ***

==============================

Well, it's not really a breaking news, but we are late! I'm really sorry.

Some WU's should be available next week and I hope that the project will be stable and running fine in 10 days.
I'll try to post more detailed news asap to explain you what we are working on and why we are late.

Btw it's really nice to see that you are waiting for work! Thanks a lot for your support.

Again, sorry.
==========================

melter65
Active UBT Contributor

Post by melter65 »

Maybe a project for the next Team Crunch, when the Wu's are coming through? :twisted:
UBT - bobuk

Post by UBT - bobuk »

sounds like a cunning plan being hatched  :wink:

new project...give it a good head start.....

sounds good to me....

UBT - mickyb69

Post by UBT - mickyb69 »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Website seems to be closed now :(

regards

Tim