New stats sites

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Rick Horn

New stats sites

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

I`d just like to say how grateful I am for the new stats sites that Darren and Temujin have devised. They are all first class, and are going to be very valuable to all our members.

It must have taken many hours of hard work, and I`d like to thank you both very much on behalf of all UBT members.

Regards,

Rick.
Temujin

Re: New stats sites

Post by Temujin »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:It must have taken many hours of hard work, and I`d like to thank you both very much on behalf of all UBT members.
Thanks Rick
I can't speak for Darren but for me its a hobby. I work in IT but untill about this time last year I'd done practically no html and no php/mysql whatsoever.
For me it all started when I tried to do a seti catching up page for myself, mentioned it on here and then it all took off and thanks to lots of suggestions and advice from here its got to what it is today.
During that time there's been lots of frustration at not being able to get it to do what I want it to do and lots of joy at finally getting it to do what I want it to do.
I've enjoyed writing the stats pages tremendously and have learnt an awful lot and will keep tinkering away with it.

John
RodEllery

Post by RodEllery »

I definitely second Nick's comments,

Well done Darren and John.
                    :blob:
:blob6:  :blob:  :blob6:  :blob:  :blob6:
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Thirded   :salute:  :salute:  :salute:
Darren

Post by Darren »

I can't get too excited about my stats pages.
The stats page that whatches the projects took a few hours on a dull Friday.
I had a day off work, I added the catchup banner for the forum and then Tim PM'd me to see if I could sort something out.
It took a couple of hours to work out how and about 3-4 hours to write the stuff. Then a couple of hours tinkering time.

If it takes more than a couple of days I tend to lose interest. Sorry  :oops:
James Box

Post by James Box »

It's good work, but is there any reason why the Catching? page is missing Rosetta?
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

James Box wrote:It's good work, but is there any reason why the Catching? page is missing Rosetta?
A small oversight I assume
Darren

Post by Darren »

Hmmm, it was there but looking at the code it would have never worked for their site.
I know it was there because I had to upload the logo for it.
I wonder if they have a newer version of the site to anyone else.

Anyway I have added a work around to the code so it appears (again).
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

See the stats pages have have a little makeover! They seem to load a little quicker as well.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

the guys just go from brilliant to better!

:D  :D