Seasons Greetings to you all

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Seasons Greetings to you all

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I know that a few members pop by quite regularly, but overall, most members don't visit the forum that often.

So, I thought I'd put this message up now, as there's more chance that people will see it over the coming 2-3 weeks or so, as and when they get a spare moment :-)

So, I'd just like to wish all the team and their families a Happy Christmas and a peaceful New Year. Hope you all get the pressies you've been after, and if not there's always a nice bottle of sherry and White Christmas/Shrek/Wallace & Grommit on the telly !!

I'd also like to thank you for being part of the UK #1 Team - without your contribution, the Team wouldn't be where it is today, and that's due to the loyal support the team has received from all of its members, both newly joined as well as those who've been here since the early days ;-)

:occasion5: :occasion7: :occasion9:

Happy festive crunching and see you again in the New Year :-)

best regards
Tim
UBT Founder
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Have a great Christmas Tim, and all members.

UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Merry Christmas everyone & have a Festive New Year.  Hope Santa brings you all some mega-fast kit to run BOINC and keep our totals up! (says the woman crunching via one ancient Dell...  :wink:)
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - PennyQ wrote:Merry Christmas everyone & have a Festive New Year.  Hope Santa brings you all some mega-fast kit to run BOINC and keep our totals up! (says the woman crunching via one ancient Dell...  :wink:)
Hi Penny,

Hope you have a good Xmas too...maybe Santa might get you an upgrade for your old Dell.....

According to here:

http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/host/ ... bfccd936c5

it seems you have a 2.00 GHz P4.....which you might well be able to upgrade quite cheaply with a faster version of the P4.....it depends which motherboard is on your Dell though ;-)

(That's what I did with my old workhorse, which is a P4 3.06 GHz, but which now has a 3.2 GHz CPU).

Having said that, the P4 doesn't quite cut the mustard these days and you really would be better off with something a wee bit newer, if Santa would cross your palms with a few bits of silver....

regards
Tim
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

May your Visitors be many, your larder be full, the drinks be copious, but first and foremost - may your Family, Relatives and Friends be near.

Have a Great Xmas All  :occasion9: