Groceries Delivered by Drone to your Home 30 mins Guaranteed

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

Groceries Delivered by Drone to your Home 30 mins Guaranteed

Post by Zydor »

This one is real neat, and blows apart many business models - Amazon have just out-smarted and out-flanked  a large number of Businesses, giving them a huge lead until others catch up.

Delivery by Drone ........ (!)

I won't say anything more - just watch the videos (there are two of them) :)

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12 ... rones?lite

Of course there are clear air control issues ..... blindingly obvious ..... and clearly not a cats chance in hell of doing it in 2015. But even the FAA have said a controlled limited version may be sanctioned by 2017, albeit it may take until circa 2026 for full clearance.

The beat moves on ......  :)
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

The inevitable contrary view as this sweeps the Web.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/what- ... 2D11673677

Interesting that in many like articles springing up tonight, there is no flat out "never happen". Suspect it will be nearer 2026 than 2015 ..... but .... interesting times :)
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

I just hope that Amazon and other delivery firms will be paying for paint so as to mark out the "H" landing spots on peoples patio's and/or flat roofs to allow said drones to land safely.

One might also assume that each landing spot might have a QR code that a camera on the drone might recognise so it knows it has made a delivery to the right address.

However, I do hope that said drone will have a 100% functioning "hold and release" system....else the neighbours next door's dog, might end up with some of my shopping ;-)

regards
Tim
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

I just hope that Amazon and other delivery firms will be paying for paint so as to mark out the "H" landing spots on peoples patio's and/or flat roofs to allow said drones to land safely.
I have this vision of streets of individuals being driven Stir-Crazy by these things buzzing around everywhere - could drive us barking mad :)

Now .....  for a small consideration - monthly by Direct Debit to my retirement fun - you too can have your Amazon Drones serviced by your local DronePort.

Zydor DronePorts Inc guarantee to deliver within 1 hr of landing at your local DronePort ......  :angel9:
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Zydor wrote:I have this vision of streets of individuals being driven Stir-Crazy by these things buzzing around everywhere - could drive us barking mad :)
I've had a thought...if these drones are actually going to be used....then this makes it very easy for shopping or a newspaper or whatever takes your fancy...though it might be problematic if you want a pint of beer...(in case it gets spilled - but no doubt they would have invented a lid for a pint glass by then ;-) ).

In which case, this would be a boon for the sick, elderly, disabled....or if you are holding a dinner party and run out of canapes....

And with more people "tele-working", and using the interwebs for all sorts of things (Netflix, email, etc) then there'd be little need to actually go out...

...which leaves the roads clear for me to drive along and not have any sunday drivers getting in the way  :twisted:

regards
Tim