AMD Users - can we pass them?

Team milestones, Badges from projects, congratulations to members regarding personal achievements (such as User Of The Day project awards, or reaching specific targets). Also topics about GRC (Gridcoin) rewards.
UBT - JohnR

AMD Users - can we pass them?

Post by UBT - JohnR »

According to BOINCstats our old friends AMD Users are only 52K ahead in 40th place.
Now is the time for all good men (and ladies) and true to come to the aid of the team.  How about a hard push to pass AMD over this weekend.  As we have no team crunch planned how about  crunching 24/7 for the next 3 days on a project that gives you the highest credit.  

We can then try to hang on until we pass Hewlett-Packard. :D

Just my idea, please don't shoot me down in flames :oops:
UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

As if flames would ever appear in this team :violent3:

Doesn't sound a bad idea to me - a bit more racing ahead does no harm - now if only those Spinhenge pending credits could be released!

:roll:
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

UBT - Calum Mercer wrote:... now if only those Spinhenge pending credits could be released!

:roll:
They're going! My pending credits have dropped from over 700 to under 400. I assume everyone elses are also gradually dropping. If not, they will!
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image

Darren

Post by Darren »

I'm up for 3 days solid.
I'll be doing Seti then. What will everyone elese be doing?
UBT - JohnR

Post by UBT - JohnR »

I have found Einstein gives the best credit for AMD processors. I read a report that said the same and Bruce Allen (Team Leader of the project runs banks of Opterons) so I would assume the code was optimised for AMD.  You don't get 750,000 credits a day without making sure your team do the job right.  I have found a 2.5 x increase in credits from running climate models at one time :twisted:
I have read that the new credit system in Rosetta is kind to Intel processors and gives more credit than Einstein for them.
Martle

Post by Martle »

My dual core Optiron's doing both BBC & WCG.

My AMD 3000 box is also crunching BBC exclusively.

My little AMD 1700 laptop is crunching UFluids & Spinhenge (with still lots pending).

I may turn my lappy over to Einstein for a while but I was put off this project by the 24 hour long WU's I was having to crunch.

The combined result of all these is about 1,000 credits/day.  :roll:
Jeffers
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by Jeffers »

Having been a fan of AMD chips for some years I used to be a member of AMD users when I was running World Community Grid...
You'll be glad to hear I've no plans to rejoin them, I like it here!
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

I leave 2 of my machines crunchin all day (one of which crunches Rosetta and SiMap equally) and a small amount of credits gets done by another 3 when there gettin used (these crunch equally for SETI and Rosetta), RAC for all projects is approx 350-450

Resource Share on my main machine:

LHC@Home                       400
BBC Climate Change         100
Rosetta@home                   75
NanoHive@Home                50
SiMap                                50
Spinhenge@home               50
WCG                                 50
Docking@Home                  30
Malaria                              30
uFluids                               30
LeidenClassical                   25
QMC@HOME                       25
RieselSieve                        25
SztakiDG                           25
Tanpaku                            25
XtremLab                           25
Einstein@Home                   15
SETI@home                         5  -  Sorry, I hate Seti , but I've put it on 3 machines along side rosetta with both projects set at 50 on all 3

All in all Seti gets an RAC approx 5-15 - bit poo but I don't want to take any credits from the other projects  :?

Think I'll wack Seti on full for the next few days  :wink:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

UBT - PiezPiedPy wrote:I leave 2 of my machines crunchin all day (one of which crunches Rosetta and SiMap equally)
Well it can't be crunching SIMAP equally with Rosetta as the work has dried up at SIMAP now, so time for you to find another project to equally crunch until SIMAP produce some new work
UBT - PiezPiedPy

Post by UBT - PiezPiedPy »

:shock: Still crunchin SiMap now - spose if it dries up Rosetta will get the work  :?