Forum tweaks etc

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Forum tweaks etc

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all,

I've taken the opportunity to merge some forum sections where either there's been few new posts recently, or where the actual level of interest is on the wane, especially for closed projects.

I've also moved some of the team sections into the top area as these are more popular and hence there's no point having them buried towards the bottom of the forum.

(No messages have been deleted - they've just been moved !!).

This is so that some new forum sections can be added to cover some of the new BOINC projects that have started up in the last year or more.

As such, can I ask for feedback on what NEW sections we should add - to cover as many of the new projects where we think there will be high levels of interest.

EDIT: I've also amended the "rankings" - which are the titles one achieves for posting in the forum - the "Sneaky Club" info has been removed (for now) as it's less relevant these days.

I sincerely hope that these little changes are acceptable to the team and that the forum is a bit easier to navigate, as with so many sections, it was a "click-fest" to try and wade through it all....

Likewise, less frequently used sections were in the way of more popular sections....

regards

Tim
Last edited by UBT - Timbo on Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Thanks Tim, a general wash & scrub is always good for the soul  :D

Regards
Zy
UBT - PennyQ
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT - PennyQ »

Much better :D - might make people get involved on the forum a bit more? But then again... it's pretty quiet around here these days :(
The impossible we do today; miracles take a little longer

Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Yep, it works for me :D