Done something wrong?

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

Done something wrong?

Post by UBT - Glenn »

Hi All,

im new here and have been doing SETI overnight @ 9+hours but notice im unable to create a sig as i have no credits???

How do i get the credits? do i have to click something?

Many thanks for replies

Glenn
Temujin

Re: Done something wrong?

Post by Temujin »

Glenn Wellstead wrote:How do i get the credits? do i have to click something
Hi Glenn

You've done nothing wrong mate, you're just a little impatient :D
With Seti, each work unit is sent to 2 people to process. Those work units are completed and reported back and if the results are the same, credit are awarded.

You've so far completed 3 work units, you're just waiting for the other people to process and return them.

Hang in there and the credit will come :D

edit
it looks like you've now got some credit on Milkyway, so your sig should start to work soon
UBT - Glenn
UBT Contributor

Post by UBT - Glenn »

Many thanks jusy have to wait for sig to work now ;)
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

Glenn Wellstead wrote:Many thanks jusy have to wait for sig to work now ;)
For some reason the default forum settings mean that even if you create a signature here, you still need to set it to show up in your posts. To do this you need to go into your profile on the menu above, select the 'Profile' tab then click on 'Profile Settings' at the bottom of the left hand menu. Under Profile Settings click on 'Posting' and check that 'Always attach my signature' is set to yes.

Hope that helps.  :)

James.