Visibility

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Keithj

Visibility

Post by Keithj »

Hello!  

I just joined - I'm delighted to find such an active BOINC team after years of almost solo SETI processing.

Is it me, or are these forums extremely difficult to read?   On my PCs they show with black writing on a dark grey background.   I'm not in the first flush of youth, but it really is very hard to read what's here.

Is there a "setting" I should change somewhere?   I couldn't see one (but like I said, it is hard to see anything...)

Keith
UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

Hi Keith

Welcome aboard. I'm not an expert either but kine have always come up as white on a grey backgrounde which is okay for me to read - I'm sure someone will come up with a better answer though :?
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome aboard...If you go to your profile, then profile settings you will see board style (probably charcoal2 at the moment), changing that changes how the board looks. :lol:
UBT - Simon

Post by UBT - Simon »

Hi keithj and welcome aboard. I've always found the most 'basic' style is the best to use, clear blue/light blue background its the 'subSilver' style. but of cause you are more then welcome to try each style to find the one that works fine with you. Good luck with your SETI crunching.

Simon.
Keithj

Post by Keithj »

Found it - thanks.   subSilver it is, and I can read everything fine.

I'm an admin on a flying-related BBS so know my way around the software fairly well - but the one I know doesn't allow users to change "styles".
UBT - Calum Mercer

Post by UBT - Calum Mercer »

and thanks from me too - I didn't realise I could change the styles! :roll:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

You learn something new every day Calum :wink:
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

Keithj wrote:Found it - thanks.   subSilver it is, and I can read everything fine.
Seems we've now defaulted to SubSilver
Keithj

Post by Keithj »

The default when I arrived was charcoal2, which being black on dark grey made it just a little tricky for my old eyes.    subSilver is excellent!  If that's now the default - good idea, whoever did that.
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:Seems we've now defaulted to SubSilver

Yup - that was me..... :oops:

I also found that the "charcoal2" was bit difficult to read, and due to the comments made, I changed it to subSilver as default.

The charcoal2 style, I thought, might be difficult for non-members to read the forum, so thought we'd try a change for now and see if it helps increase forum membership (as some might have been "scared off" from joining if they too had issues relating to viewing the forum).

regards

Tim
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

it confused me to start with (easily done I know)
I use subsilver meself and my 1st visit after you changed it caught me out, I thought I was already logged in.
So, I've changed to SoftBlue  :?
UBT - Timbo
UBT Forum Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Temujin wrote:it confused me to start with (easily done I know)
I use subsilver meself and my 1st visit after you changed it caught me out, I thought I was already logged in.
So, I've changed to SoftBlue  :?

Sorry 'bout that.  :oops:

I'll put up an announcement in the forum, just to warn people.....!

regards

Tim