New CPU cooling design

Having problems installing that new stick of memory? Found some great software or having issues with something? Or maybe want to chat about your PlayStation, X-Box, Nintendo, Sega, even your old Spectrum 48k....! Or maybe something you want to sell or acquire (computing related of course!). Let us know here...
Temujin

New CPU cooling design

Post by Temujin »

Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Nice find  :thumbleft:

If he can get it to production status, it could be to the computer what cats eyes were to roads, could be very interesting ....

The cats eyes guy worked for the UK Transport Ministry of the day, so he got ziltch out of the revolution he initiated. Lets hope the US Govt department this guy works for has a suitable bonus scheme, although I fear it will be no where near what its really worth if it got to production.

If it works for CPUs, it will also work for GPU card cooling, now there is an enticing thought - this thing could really turn the computer world on its head. Who'd be a waterblock manufacturer rofl :)

Interesting times ..... no more moaning from wives re space heaters, so as long as we can hide the energy bill we got it cracked  rofl :)

Regards
Zy
Temujin

Post by Temujin »

much better cooling
hardly any noise
no dust bunnies
low power consumption

He's on to a winner methinks :thumbup:

BTW Percy Shaw made a bundle of money from his cats eyes invention.
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

The "cats eye" guy Zydor mentions was called Percy Shaw, and lived in Halifax, West Yorkshire, about 2 miles from where I live.
Percy became a millionaire from his invention. He lived in a mansion, (now no longer standing) and owned a Rolls Royce car.
Always the eccentric, he used to frequent his local pub with his mates, but refused to drink the pub`s beer, preferring to bring his own bottles.
He also brought his own coal to the pub on cold winter nights, as he thought the landlord was too stingy with the heating!
Barrie

Post by Barrie »

I'm wondering how they transfer the heat from the static CPU to the rotating sink?  I guess they've figured that out...

but surely you'll still get dust building up where the air enters between the fins?