Forum donations

A section to chat about whatever takes your fancy about the team in general. For queries about the UBT Forum, please post a message here. Likewise, any suggestions for making the forum better...
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Off topic - guilty as charged ... :)

The £ sign top right of a few stats summaries - is there a donation button I've missed ?  I've looked around a few times since joining the team - can't see one.

Regards
Zy
UBT - Rick Horn

Post by UBT - Rick Horn »

Zydor wrote:Off topic - guilty as charged ... :)

The £ sign top right of a few stats summaries - is there a donation button I've missed ?  I've looked around a few times since joining the team - can't see one.

Regards
Zy
There used to be a donation site for the forum through Tim (founder).
I`m not sure if it is still in operation, it was by pay pal, through Tim`s email addy, which I will give you by PM is you wish.

Rick.
Joshrandom

Post by Joshrandom »

UBT - Rick Horn wrote:
Zydor wrote:Off topic - guilty as charged ... :)

Regards
Zy
There used to be a donation site for the forum through Tim (founder).
I`m not sure if it is still in operation, it was by pay pal, through Tim`s email addy, which I will give you by PM is you wish.

Rick.
Rick,

I was under the impression that it was Darren who dealt with hosting the forum these days, so it might be a good idea to check with him before anyone goes and donates anything.    :wink:
UBT - Rick Horn

You could well be right James. I believe that the last I heard, there were enough funds to keep the forum running, though that was some time ago.
Zydor

Post by Zydor »

Okie Doke - Thanks Guys - if the appropriate person could PM me if contributions still helpful & appropriate I'd be grateful.

Regards
Zy
UBT - Rick Horn

Zydor wrote:Okie Doke - Thanks Guys - if the appropriate person could PM me if contributions still helpful & appropriate I'd be grateful.

Regards
Zy
Let me know what happens Zy. If more funds are needed, I`ll gladly donate to the kitty.
UBT - Mikee
Marvin the Dalek

Post by UBT - Mikee »

IIRC Tim used to have to pay for a server for the UKBT site (not the forum). He asked for donations a few years ago but after the initial asking didn't ask again so I assume that he pays for that part of the site himself as part of his, ahem, work!

BUK had a pop at us about that stating that they would never ask for donations to run the team.
Follow us on Twitter... http://twitter.com/UKBOINCTeam

Image Image