Welcome Martin to BOINC

An area for greetings to (or from) NEW members of the Team and/or the Forum. Say "HELLO" here - no one will bite !!
UBT - Halifax-lad

Welcome Martin to BOINC

Post by UBT - Halifax-lad »

Martin has joined us on BBC CPDN :hello2:

:wav:

He also crunches for WCG but not with us  :cry: He has an RAC of just over 500 on WCG (Time for Tim to work some magic)

Martle

Post by Martle »

Thanks for the welcome.

I do indeed crunch WCG for another team under the name of 'Martle' and have decided to branch out a bit and having a go at the BBC Climate prediction thang. My current team is only crunches WCG so I've come over to you for my BBC crunching.

I'm still trying to get my head around this project and was getting a bit worried with my machine crunching away for 3 days without a single trickle. It seems to have finally kicked in now.  :lol:

Up until yesterday I was using BoincView for my monitoring needs but after reading THIS THREAD I'm a definate convert and it's installed and working nicely.

Any help from you guys especially concerning viewing my progress on the BBC thang would be greatly appreciated.

I'll sign off now and wait for Tim to work his magic on me. :idea:
UBT - JsF

Post by UBT - JsF »

Welcome 'Martle' happy crunching.  :hello2:

Jimmy
UBT-mark3346
Active UBT Contributor 15+ yrs

Post by UBT-mark3346 »

Welcome to the BBC bunch  :lol:  :lol:
UBT - Halifax-lad

So long as your WU is progrssing it should fine the trickles may take a while but thats because it is a huge WU.

If you have AV make sure you exclude the BBC project folder within BOINC as AV can sometimes fail the WU. I have my BOINC folder excluded from AV to stop any crashes related to this.

Check out the BBC thread for some more help & info

PS: Please join us with WCG you know it makes sense to have all your eggs in the UBT basket :wink:
Martle

Post by Martle »

UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:PS: Please join us with WCG you know it makes sense to have all your eggs in the UBT basket :wink:
Make some space for all of my eggs - I've come over with WCG.  :wink:

Time now for some serious WCG crunching.  :twisted:
UBT - Halifax-lad

Martle wrote:
UBT - Halifax--lad wrote:PS: Please join us with WCG you know it makes sense to have all your eggs in the UBT basket :wink:
Make some space for all of my eggs - I've come over with WCG.  :wink:

Time now for some serious WCG crunching.  :twisted:
Nice one WCG is a project we need to improve on and having you on board should hopefully do some good for us and hopefully generate some more interest in the project :D  :D  :P
gregoryw
Active UBT Contributor 10+ yrs

Post by gregoryw »

Welcome to the team!

:wav: